Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and Kanaka went outta Destin yesterday to try out some spots... We took a little over an hour to get to the first spot (got side tracked by a weedline)... Good thing we stopped at the weedline, we were able to pick up a couple small mahi!!! We dodged most of the rain storms, got a little sprinkle on the outskirts of one huge storm... Tried a few spots and got a few snaps, came back in to a little closer stuff and caught more snaps... To busy trying to catch then take pics.... I even threw out a free line live/dead baits and NO KINGS!!! I usually always catch em but not yesterday!!!

Boat performed purty well, was averaging 2.8 MPG fluctuating speed due to the rolling seas... and heck at one point I was at 50-52 MPH 5300 RPM still getting 2.5 MPG. My auto-pilot got a good cussing yesterday though, it's real finicky and I have to study up on her... sometimes she would give me an option to put auto plot on sometimes it didn't... Also my units are not putting the coordinates of your location on the screen... More studying up on the units (Lowrance 7HDS if anyone has a clue)...

Mark will throw some pics up too!!!

20180911_082524[1].jpg

20180911_085736[1].jpg

20180911_183349[1].jpg

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,842 Posts
Started out with this sunrise.

DSCN3062.jpg

The captain. As you can see, it was before he started talking at the electronics. :D
At the time of this post, kanaka has no public comment about touch screen units.

DSCN3065.jpg

Found the mahi's under a weedline, will try to convince captain next time that such things are like finding a unicorn and must be fished thoroughly.
The weedline was under the rainbow, never to be seen again.

DSCN3067-1.jpg

What we found at the next spot. :no: Hey, at least we got there.

Speaking of unicorns, there was a call from the CG about 2 kids on a inflatable unicorn 1 or 2 mi off Henderson Beach.
Don't know what the outcome was but look at what was in this truck at the ramp.

DSCN3069.jpg

And as a bonus, the captains feet.

DSCN3068.jpg

Was a long day but it was a good shake down run to add to the learning curve of owning a new boat.
Thanks for the invite Jason. :thumbsup:

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,842 Posts
Jason, got curious about the GPS coordinates not displaying real time. Looked up your manual.
I know, reading stuff is way overrated.
But anyway, it said to "touch screen" to get current #s.
Don't know if that was for the chart screen or if say you're anchored, the sonar screen.

·
Super Moderator
28,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be put there checking it out a little more.... fueled up and ready to take Logan out Saturday...

·
Super Moderator
28,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't be learning him no new words.

Hahaha, I told Nicole since I figured out a few things on it I wouldn't curse the electronics much!!!!:D:shifty:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
you did good, buddy. dinner and breakin is a lot to say.
from what i hear, just take a better crew next time.:whistling:

jack

·
Registered
736 Posts
Me and Kanaka went outta Destin yesterday to try out some spots... We took a little over an hour to get to the first spot (got side tracked by a weedline)... Good thing we stopped at the weedline, we were able to pick up a couple small mahi!!! We dodged most of the rain storms, got a little sprinkle on the outskirts of one huge storm... Tried a few spots and got a few snaps, came back in to a little closer stuff and caught more snaps... To busy trying to catch then take pics.... I even threw out a free line live/dead baits and NO KINGS!!! I usually always catch em but not yesterday!!!

Boat performed purty well, was averaging 2.8 MPG fluctuating speed due to the rolling seas... and heck at one point I was at 50-52 MPH 5300 RPM still getting 2.5 MPG. My auto-pilot got a good cussing yesterday though, it's real finicky and I have to study up on her... sometimes she would give me an option to put auto plot on sometimes it didn't... Also my units are not putting the coordinates of your location on the screen... More studying up on the units (Lowrance 7HDS if anyone has a clue)...

I went out of Destin a few days prior to you....lots of small mahi running around. Your fuel burn number and speed are impressive ! Congrats on the new boat …..the powder coat looks great on it....sweet ride :notworthy:

Not sure about the boat name on the windshield.....I swear it would make me stare at it the whole time I was driving ! Enjoy !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts