Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Sorry to see that Tom...I'm afraid most folks, if they were able, would have just bolted. I'm glad they didn't and I hope that it gets fixed soon.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to see that Tom...I'm afraid most folks, if they were able, would have just bolted. I'm glad they didn't and I hope that it gets fixed soon.
Thanxxxxxxxx Mike.... I guess it didn't hurt with them seeing that video cam bearing down on them.......... Kind of a funny vid, but that guy could have really gotten hurt. Will post the vid if I can figure out how to copy it...... Thanxxxxxxxxxxxx again!

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
I hope it all works out.
Last year we had a yard sale and a woman in a mini van backed into our neighbor's brick mailbox. Several people saw it. The lady got out and gave us a note with her name and number on it and said to give it to the neighbor.
All false information.
At least your people gave you the right number. That's a good start.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Yep . Jump starting todays fuel injected vehicles with computers is a dangerous thing. Have someone in the vehicle at the helm . All the computer knows is to keep the engine running. In gear with nobody at the wheel can be a tragedy . I seen a elderly man once jump start a car in a parking lot . A ford with solenoid on fender. It started , went out into the street, Turned 90 degrees , Came back & hit the same 2 cars besides where it was parked several times before pinning it self . The poor old man just sat down on the curb, Head down & I guess cried.:hang:

·
Reel Insurance
3,789 Posts
Recycle the unit, buy beer, be glad she had insurance, and put a smile on your face. Christmas its going to be sunny. :)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
My wife owned an office building on Michigan Avenue a few years back. We got a call from the FHP about 5 AM one morning telling us that a drunk driver had slammed into it. When we got there the driver had been taken to the hospital. He was in Baptist for a couple of months, most of that time in a coma. The destruction was amazing. Estimated speed was about 100 MPH. He was traveling West, crossed the Eastbound lane, jumped a curb, the car rotated 90° and hit perfectly flat into the building with the passenger side. It smashed both AC units completely flat, drove them through the exterior wall and about 15' into the building. Took out interior walls, the downstairs bathroom and kitchen. We had contractors out within the hour shoring up the building as it was a two story and everyone was sure it was going to collapse. The repair and remodeling bill came to right at $100,000.. Both insurance companies jumped in and covered everything so it turned out good in the longrun.

Weird thing is that this happened on a Monday morning. The previous Friday the wife had hired a crew to take out 6 big pine trees running parallel to the building, about 10' from it and were directly in the path of that car. If they had still been standing and that car hit it at the rate it was moving they would have had to scrape the driver off those trees with a spatula.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts