Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I planned on hitting gulf today for the first time since my knee surgery but with the weather I decided to do a quick inshore trip. It just seems the gulf gods wont allow me to get out there. Anyhow, one of my fishing buddies felt it was too nasty to go and the other slept in, but I think he would of gone, sorry. I launched in to blackwater and it started slow but as I headed south I saw a trout smacking some bait against the shore. I threw the topwater and was rewarded with a nice 25" fatty. I put her back and continued south. The bite really started to pick up and it was a trout almost every cast. It was a great morning with at least 30 trout caught. Most of them were keeper size with a few over 20". Good morning!!!!

Attachments

·
Squid technician
10,506 Posts
Nice speck. Did you see much bait?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Nice job chaps, healthy trout to say the least. Seems to me that u have better luck when you don't have fishin partners, or is it that u don't privilege your fishin partners with your secret spots?? Lol, good job man, glad u had a good morning!

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice job chaps, healthy trout to say the least. Seems to me that u have better luck when you don't have fishin partners, or is it that u don't privilege your fishin partners with your secret spots?? Lol, good job man, glad u had a good morning!
Ha ha. My secret spots are easy to find. Keep moving to you get a bite, if there is one there are usually more. We will get 'em next week.

·
Formerly Hank Hill
839 Posts
Sounds like you cleaned up....I wussedd out cause of early rain too. Now, I'm kickin' myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts