Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
bailti, are you hunting in the vicinity of Camp Henderson Road by chance? I am hunting on a leaseup there and I haven't seen anything that looks that good.Congrats!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Bob,

Thanks,

I have been waiting on one there for a while yes, but I didn't know this guy was there. I was actually hunting a bigger deer that lives around there. This guy had some small hooves. He's pretty young. He's not making those monster tracks. Plus I got pix of that bigger one at night... I am still hoping he'll slip up this weekend.

BamaFaninMilton,

I am actually a few miles west of that hunting club. Do you hunt on there with Bob? I have actually hunted on that land before as a guest a few years back, before they cut everything down in there.

I have seen two very very good deer come out of there years ago. Both the same season. An 8 and a 10. They both got killed by the same guy, and he mounted both of them. He actually lives on that road somewhere.

During the rut, you can sometimes get some bucks to travel a few miles south from Alabama onto your club. You never know when and where a good one will turn up though. Don't give up.

Chris.

·
Registered
282 Posts
bailti, there is a guy named Bob who hunts on our lease, it's probably the same guy you're talking about. I've been in that club for two years now and I've only seen two bucks during that time, hopefully I will get one between nowand March 1st! Wish I could have hunted it before that clear cut, got all grown up,I imagine that the hunting was pretty good back then. Anyway, Congrats again!

·
Registered
747 Posts
chris there was a nice 8 killed on our lease this past weekend. i didn't get to see it but if its the 1 i got a cam its a nice one. i also found several new scrapes this week out there. they are getting pretty hot and bothered it seems like. going to try again this week sometime. later,bob

21 - 26 of 26 Posts