Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very pleased to say that 32 boats battled through the seas to compete in the 2013 North Light Red Snapper Challenge.

With a 2-4 foot forecast and a call for diminishing seas early in the day, we decided to run it as scheduled. MAN, they were wrong!

Thankfully everybody survived and some great fish were hung at the scales on Saturday.

Thanks to everybody who fished, I really think with a good weather window we can hit 80+ boats next (54 boats entered the first tournament last year).

I don't have all the numbers in hand but the winning team - One More Stop from Panama City - took home about $5,500 for the top snapper (24.5) and top aggregate of two snapper (39.38.)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
It was tough fishing Sat but none the less was great fun. Looking forward to fishing it next year. Congradulations to winners you earned it Sat.
Good to see you JoeZ. Will see ya next year.

·
26' blue sea hunt
494 Posts
We would have done it. I had two kids wanting to enter and my wife on board. But going out Saturday was silly when sunday was looking great for a family fishing day.

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We would have done it. I had two kids wanting to enter and my wife on board. But going out Saturday was silly when sunday was looking great for a family fishing day.

Good call, Saturday was not a good day for family fishing.

Forecast was 2-4 with diminishing seas. They lied, big time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts