Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how the bit is in north escambia bay. north of the 10 bridge. havent been able to go in a while but trying to get out. just wondering what is biting up there.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
The fishing north of the bridge and just south of the bridge is very good right now. My experience with Escambia Bay is that there is a lot of fish in a few locations. Therefore, my suggestion is for you to cover as much water as quickly as possible until you find some fish. When I fish new areas I concentrate on casting in and around big schools of mullet. If I come to an area that has no mullet I move. When covering a lot of water quickly I use what are referred to as search baits. My favorite search baits are a super spook jr., mirrolure catch 2000 or mirrodine, and I have had great success lately with a baby bass colored fluke on a quarter ounce jig head. All of these lures afford you the ability to make very long casts which will allow you to cover more water quickly. When using the fluke as a search bait I move it quickly with a twitch-twitch-stop-twitch-twitch-twitch-stop motion.

Hope this helps and good luck

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know of a couple of spots over there but just was wondering what the bite has been like lately because i have not been able to go in the last couple of weekends. I do the super spooker jr it is my fav. lure. I will try some of the ones u mentioned. thanks for the post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts