Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SaltWaterDave
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't gather any fishing buddies for an afternoon trip today. After looking at the webcam I couldn't wait to get out there even alone. I went out past Pfino, like always, and set up near my favorite washout. It was absolutely glass and crystal clear. You could see all the little nooks and crannies, every little drop off, sand bar and deep hole. From the beach you could seea fewcrabs in the water 25 feet out. I got my gear ready and started hunting fleas. They were easy to find. I also found 3 BIG males that I let go back in and promptly traded them for a dozen females. I got plenty in no time and looked out to pick my range and I see fish busting the surface. I figured they were spanish and took it as a good sign that fish were there at all. I waded out as far as my waders would allow and let her fly. I sat with two rods out, listening to some Buffet, drinking beer and soaking up some magic Florida sunshine for a few hours. I watched those rod tips for any sign of a pompano fighting for it's life but nothing showed. I never lost a bait. It was a beautiful day, but nothing was biting. It will turn on before long.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Man you painted a pretty picture!!! Sounds like it was still a wonderful day Even if you didnt get a bite!! Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Sweet report! Got me all excited!! Come on water temp lets start rising I'm ready for some pomp fishin!!!!! Is it April yet??

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Well Dave at Least you got to go I had one planned for today but as my luck goes got called into work:banghead maybe next time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts