Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey Folks,

When I was recently hunting near Laurell Hills I couldn't help but hear alot of dogs and shooting..and this was during archery season.. I love Okaloosa County and I was wondering if I can expect the shooting and dogs within 5 miles of Crestview.I'd like to eventually get a home just north of Crestview.near 85. ../but I hate noise.

Can someone give me the noise run down on that area.?

Thanks a bunch,

Chuck7

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
lots of people run dogs in our area. I dont think you need a permit for them and theres no bag limit! ........go ahead flame suit is on

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Dogs barking,Gunfire in Crestucky? Say it isn't so! Thats the good ole south for ya:usaflag

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
I call that Bright Light Time in the truck,never miss:shedevil

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the feedback..

Well, I reckon there is no perfect place..I drove throguh there and it sure looks nice. ..butI noticed when I hunted the tip top of Okaloosa there was a lot of dog activity and shooting going on...and it was only archery.Here in Lakeland we have gangs and boom boxes..

I would guess if you lived in the nicer Crestview area around the golf courses you would see less of that..{Dogs and shooting}

I appreciate all the replies. ..still trying to get a feel for your folks area. I'm checking real estate daily..houses are about 50,000 cheaper in Chestview compared to here...and my teaching salary would jump 10,000.

C7

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
C7 where did you stay at around Laurel Hill? I was wondering where there is any dog hunting open at in Okaloosa County? Blackwater may be open but I know Eglin don't open until Thanksgiving Day. To let you know that dog running season only last a about 2 mths. You sure enough don't want to be in any sub divisions if you don't want to hear noise. Especially the ones S. of Crestview most of those has the interstate noise at night. N. of Crestview is going to be a whole lot quieter.

·
Super Moderator
5,902 Posts
I dunno. I live south of Crestview and it's mighty quiet where I am...

·
Registered
782 Posts
there was dog training season going on the past couple weeks. you don't have any area open to deer doggin' in earshot of crestview. so lets not start hammering us dog hunters. it is probably some jack leg shooting in the area.hell sirens makehouse and yard dogs bark. there is a big difference in sound between a pack of walkers burnin' a deer or foxes ass and a bunch of neighborhood food hounds raisin' hell. i wouldn'trelocate for either one.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl7_lblFullMessage>C7 where did you stay at around Laurel Hill?

At Sarah's ..a motel in Florala , Alabama..I hunted 5 miles south of that on County Line road in Okaloosa County..right off of 85

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Unleash the hounds! Seriously though if you are off of 85 I don't know of any public dog hunting areas around there. There may be some private leases but that's about it. Where I dog hunt is over around Hurricane Lake and Sweetwater which is quite a distance from Crestview.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts