Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've set a goal of shooting at least 20 arrows each evening through the week until opening day (I can only shoot after work and the kids go to sleep). I can only get 30 yards in my backyard , but I've been out there slinging 'em! ....still suck though.

3 more months

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
When I lived in Daphne, AL on our cul de sac there were 2 of us who bow hunted. We setup the target my neighbors side yard and we could back up out to 60 yards. Lot of fun evenings out there...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aim at a different dot each time and save those fletchings!
Haha yeah I know right. normally I would but I was trying to get an idea of my groups since I noticed my arrows pulling left consistently. turns out I needed a slight sight adjustment. My kid already bent one of these I ain't trying to ruin anymore.

·
Super Moderator
12,779 Posts
You're more of a man than me... I'll pull that thing out the case about October 10th...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're more of a man than me... I'll pull that thing out the case about October 10th...

I really want to get a deer this year with the bow. After losing one up in NC to a bad shot I'm determined to practice and practice and practice.

·
Super Moderator
12,779 Posts
Don't shoot 20 arrows in a row.... shoot 2 or 3. Wait a while. Shoot 2 or 3 more. Shooting a bunch in one sitting can do more harm than good.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't shoot 20 arrows in a row.... shoot 2 or 3. Wait a while. Shoot 2 or 3 more. Shooting a bunch in one sitting can do more harm than good.

Yeah I definitely notice my accuracy drops off by the time I'm at the 20th shot. I do shoot 2 or 3 at a time slowly, and rest between. I like to try and gauge my progress by my first 3 arrows. If those first 3 I shoot are in the zone I usually feel pretty good about myself, then I try to focus on my stance and shooting process on the rest.

I'm hoping if I can get my shots decent when I'm fatigued it will translate to a good shot when I'm pumped because a deer is in range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts