Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Awesome ,catch em up looks like a gorgeous couple of days to do it plus the water looks very nice out around p-town and beyond.

TIM

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Good luck!! and please.... take and post some pictures

·
Registered
42 Posts
Skip I have not logged in on the PFF in a long long time, but in honor of your HM trip AAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII LETS F EM UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I say tally 12 yft 1 hooter and 3 Jackos
hope we can get lucky and see a bill ............... WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZ
UP. I went ahead and turned bit up 3 notches after ball Dawg.

See Ya Capt SR Goo

·
Registered
340 Posts
Good luck on your trip.I was at the Petronis sunday didnt find any YFT or black. But the AJ bit was on at the 255 </p>

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok- Here's the fishing report- I do not have any good pictures of theYFT as I ran my camera battery dead taking pictures of the Deep Water Horizon on fire.and while we are on the fish we do not stop to takepictures as the bite usuallydoesn't last long. Prayers to the families.

We left OB around noon Tuesday and headed to the 255 rig to catch a few Ajs before we headed further out for the afternoon Tuna bite. The 255 was covered up with nice Ajs. We kept 2 the biggest about 75lbs. We didn't stay too long as we had the Tuna itch. Headed toward the Marlin. The water was pretty good blue-green. Didn't mark much and spoke with a supply boat captain who told us he had been there all day and had not seen the first YF bust. So we headed to Horn Mountain. We proceeded to boat 2 nice 60lb YF on the troll on Ballywhoo with dusters. Not a whole lot of of fishbusting that afternoon but they are there and marked them on the fish finder. so we started to jig the Black fin and caught them one after the other. We did this until around 10pm when the Rig exploded in the distance and we headed to assist. About 3am we moved away from the DWN and ended up at Ocean Endeavor and marked good fish. so we decided to stay there for the morning bite. We caught some BF that night. Morning bite started a little slow but around 7am the YF came up and we were able to boat 4 more. all around the 50-75lb range. The water was very nice blue at both Horn and the Endeavor. We did some open water trolling on the way back with no luck. no weed lines etc. made it back around 3pm.

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Awesome job on tuna, but what is more impressive is that you
did what you could to help out! prayers go out to the families and God bless the missing 11. We plan on hitting it next weekend with MsYellowfin, he had mentioned Horn so thanks for the report.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Great report!!! Sounds like trolling for the YFT is working pretty good right now!! :toast

That must have been a tough trip knowing the rig blew up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts