Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone like me and in a holding pattern waiting on some rain? Just running a disc over the fields cause a dust storm.

I'm wanting to try a new mixture of seed this year but can't decide. Like to find something more leafy than the standard rye, oats etc.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
I will be planting alabama blend, from manning's. Then adding purple top turnips to it. The kitchen sink mix that they make doesn't have wheat or oats.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,736 Posts
Spread rye grass at the lake Saturday, but not really for deer. I’ve got a 40% chance Today and tomorrow so fingers crossed

·
Registered
10,742 Posts
Yep, dry dry dry. I quit using mixes. Too many weeds. I buy bags of seed and mix myself. Hoping for soybeans, turnip oats n wheat

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, dry dry dry. I quit using mixes. Too many weeds. I buy bags of seed and mix myself. Hoping for soybeans, turnip oats n wheat
I want to try soybeans myself but are they good for fall?

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's drier than a popcorn fart with no appreciable rain in the 10 forecast. I'll be disking wearing a dust mask. Probably drop some lime and fert, sit back and wait to seed...

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have some of this coming to add to my mix this year.

Brassicas are most preferred during hunting season, when frost breaks down tannins in the leaves to sugar and deer desperately need high-energy food.*And, Brassica Banquet’s benefits don’t end there – its sugar-laden bulbs continue to provide essential nutrition throughout winter. Brassica Banquet works anywhere, establishes quickly, grows fast and produces literally tons of nutritious forage.*Because it is most preferred after frost-curing, it is perfect for small and large high-use plots subject to extreme deer pressure.*Brassica Banquet is an awesome stand alone but is also ideal for mixing with almost any fall plot.

·
Registered
14,736 Posts
I have a big seed spreader that sits on legs. I think it’s designed to spread seed twice a day. I filled it with corn but it don’t work worth a crap! Deer eat every dern grain before it has a chance to come up!! I do not recommend this type of spreader

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Bout 3-4 years ago we had a dry period like this.
Our property further north didn't get rain till late November, but the fields still came up. I was surprised how well they turned out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts