Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The City of Milton is trying to build a “SEWER PLANT “ on the RIVER behind the Sheriffs department on Coopers Basin. It will be next to Wetlands and only 300 ft. from the River, the Phase # 1 storage capacity will be 2 Million gallons of Untreated Crap. The final capacity will be 8 Million Gallons. Not If but When they have a Spill it will come Downstream and WIPEOUT the FISHING and SWIMMING we like will be gone Forever…PLEASE LET EVERYBODY YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS……This is the Most STUPID thing the City Of Milton has ever tried to do….Yes ,,,,,I care about the RIVER because I live aprox. 1 Mile downstream from this STUPID IDEA…….

· Registered
2,144 Posts
No offense to ya, but it makes as much sense as the Main Street plant in Pensacola forever. The sewer companies do that intentionally. I am actually surprised they do not propose to put it over the top of our main aquifer. Honestly Good luck.

· Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No offense to ya, but it makes as much sense as the Main Street plant in Pensacola forever. The sewer companies do that intentionally. I am actually surprised they do not propose to put it over the top of our main aquifer. Honestly Good luck.
Please don’t give them any more Ideas, they are allready Stupid enough……

· Registered
865 Posts
The Main St plant was built many years ago, before anyone ever thought about the effect on the waterway. In those days, cities dumped raw sewage in the Ohio & Mississippi Rivers. I worked at a marina in Bayou Chico (name is classified) where you could flush the toilet and then run out on the pier in time to see your shit fall in the bayou. Sewage treatment has come a long way since then and the Main St plant is gone, never to return.

· Super Moderator
34,149 Posts
So it will be different then the sewer plant behind the courthouse? Ifin it leaks it goes right into the river then bay....

Reactions: FlyAU98

· Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PLEASE HEIP STOP THE NEW SEWER PLANT that the City Of Milton is trying to build on the BLACKWATER RIVER behind the Sheriffs Department upstream from Milton….This will KILL ALL FISHING IN THE RIVER & SWIMMING….

· Registered
6,321 Posts
I wonder why they keep putting the water treatment plants at the low points around everywhere? They should put it at the top of the hills cuz stuff rolls down hill.
Because you run into the problem Pensacola has now...pumping all that shit uphill. Pump goes down, raw sewage immediately starts towards the bay.

· Registered
7,912 Posts
Last I seen its supposed to be a spray field. So they will be spraying clean water out onto the ground. The only time it would have a chance to overflow would be a hurricane. Then its flushed out with the river. Probably need to inspect everyone's septic tanks along the river to be sure none of them are leaking.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

· Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can tell you do not live on the Blackwater River like I have for the last 50 yrs. This river will never flush out after a spill it is a very sensitive different river from others in this area..Can you imagine not being able to Fish or Swim in Blackwater ??

· Registered
7,912 Posts
I can tell you do not live on the Blackwater River like I have for the last 50 yrs. This river will never flush out after a spill it is a very sensitive different river from others in this area..Can you imagine not being able to Fish or Swim in Blackwater ??
I live less then a mile from it. Fish it often and used to swim in it years ago. The river flushes every hurricane. The plant downtown loses poop during major hurricanes and the fishing in the bay is just fine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

· Registered
159 Posts
There could be a silver lining. Over here in Mobile Bay the menhaden just swarm around the outfall pipe for our sewer plant. The water is half silver and half brown, probably more cubic inches of fish than of water. I see guys netting them (for bait, I hope!) but the menhaden do not diminish.

· Premium Member
15,023 Posts
There could be a silver lining. Over here in Mobile Bay the menhaden just swarm around the outfall pipe for our sewer plant. The water is half silver and half brown, probably more cubic inches of fish than of water. I see guys netting them (for bait, I hope!) but the menhaden do not diminish.
Melton where is this outfall at? Heard about it but never been able to find it.

· Registered
1,071 Posts
Yellow River gets raw sewage dumped in it when one of the pumps fail in Crestview and it flows into one of the many creeks that flow into the river. Seems like this happens at least once twice a year though I might be wrong about the frequency
It use to happen quite often it seems but it’s improved over the years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts