Premium Member
9,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Will be built no longer.
Kinda sad.
Our first duck boat when I was a kid had a 10 hp Evinrude. It would not die. My brother and we’re in it once and we hit a log in about six feet of water. It knocked the motor off the transom. We jumped in and got it. Tightened it down on the transom. Primed the bulb and it started on the first pull.
We could have really been in trouble. It was bitter cold and we were both wet and a couple miles from the ramp.
God bless that Evinrude.

·
Registered
9,493 Posts
Gonna miss them, been an OMC then BRP owner all my life. This new series 2 150 HP is the 5th new engine on my 20.6 wellcraft. Bet they will work with mercury on 2 cycle improvement. Never owned a 4 cycle outboard. Oh well had great luck with them.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I own 2 Evinrudes a 25 hp & 30 hp
The 25 I bought new and have put 100’s of hours on it since January of 1997. Replaced the water pump once and it needs a new primer choke now
The 30 hp my father in law gave me with less than 50 hours on it when he heard my 25 hp was not running
I’ve ran the 25 in water that was too shallow dozens of times and that’s what killed the water pump and sharpened the back of the prop to the point it will cut you you if you’re not careful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
997 Posts
Ole Evinrude designed and developed the first commercially available outboard motor. To see them be discontinued is pretty sad. Like most fisherman that's been around a few years, I've owned several. The last was a 50 that I ran on a gator/fishing boat that had only God knows how many hard hours on it when I gave it to an oysterman over in Apalachicola who ran it 'til it croaked.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Ya'll remember along about '03 -'04 era when Rude had 4 strokes?

Those were Suzuki's painted White.

Then they shucked that deal and went back to all 2 stroke.

Then they built the Ugliest looking outboards on the market.

·
Registered
9,493 Posts
Bobby you gonna make me cry, calling my baby's ugley . Shame on you. if I live long enough to wear this series 2 150 out guess I'll try Merc or Zuke, change oil instead of adding it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts