Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a big Terra Grappler fan but I'm thinking of going to a little more aggressive tire and drop down from the size (305/18s) I have finally worn out. I drive a 2015 F250 and want a little more aggressive but also have a quiet and good riding tire. Does anyone have experience with the Nitto Trail Grappler?

Or other suggestions would be appreciated.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nitto-Trail-Grappler-M-T-LT275-70R18-125Q-E-10-Ply-BW/44861210?athcpid=44861210&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVUB&athieid=v0&athstid=CS020&athguid=9e2d41f3-b12-16b185d6ecc23a&athena=true

·
Registered
10,689 Posts
I cant het away from the G2s. Mine get 60-70k miles and do fairly good at the lease in that Alabama red clay, lol

·
Registered
10,689 Posts
A friend of mine ran the trail grapplers, he said they did great in the mid, he got 45k out of them and sold them with some tread left to buy a set of G2s.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A friend of mine ran the trail grapplers, he said they did great in the mid, he got 45k out of them and sold them with some tread left to buy a set of G2s.

So exactly how do you feel about the G2s?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,689 Posts
Feel good enough when these are qore out, I am buying another set, lol. Very little if any road noise, clean out pretty good in the mud, ride smooth. I juat qish I had went with a 8 wide wheel and 10 wide tire, instead of 10 wide wheel and 12.5 wide tire

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I had a set of ridge grapplers on my duramax and loved them. Smoothest and quietest ride I've ever had out of a aggressive tire.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't see much of a difference between the ridge and the terra.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Cooper tires for me. I've thought hard about switching but Cooper has always done well. I currently run the at/3. But next truck I'm switching up to the s/t maxx or stt pro.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Cooper tires for me. I've thought hard about switching but Cooper has always done well. I currently run the at/3. But next truck I'm switching up to the s/t maxx or stt pro.

I went from the stt pro to the ridge grappler and it was night and day difference. The stt's started chopping real bad and was very loud from day one. I got 2 other buddies that had the same problems with them and didn't get half the miles out of them that they was expecting before they needed replacing. Never had a problem out of any cooper street tire but those stt's I would run from !

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
I went from the stt pro to the ridge grappler and it was night and day difference. The stt's started chopping real bad and was very loud from day one. I got 2 other buddies that had the same problems with them and didn't get half the miles out of them that they was expecting before they needed replacing. Never had a problem out of any cooper street tire but those stt's I would run from !

Good to know. Maybe I will join the Nitto world

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,887 Posts
I see a lot people like the Nittos, I had the G-2’s on my Silverado and swapped em out for some Duratracs, I like the Duratracs a lot better, little noisier but seem to ride better and do a lot better in the slop.

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Between my trucks and work trucks, I've probably purchased 7 or 8 sets of the Terra Grapplers over the years.

Hard to beat going online at Walmart and having the shipped to a local store.

·
Praedator
9,978 Posts
Between my trucks and work trucks, I've probably purchased 7 or 8 sets of the Terra Grapplers over the years.

Hard to beat going online at Walmart and having the shipped to a local store.

That's what I did for my last set of tires. Walmart online and shipped to store! You don't have to have Walmart install them either! Saved about $100 for a set of 4 for one of our vehicles. Walmart online has just about any tire these days.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,585 Posts
Anybody know if I can get a 296/60/20 to fit on my duramax?

·
Registered
10,689 Posts
Anybody know if I can get a 296/60/20 to fit on my duramax?
I like Custom Offset website. I used their site to get ideas on what would fit on my truck. I would assume it should fit just fine, worst case may need a leveling kit? Ford fit a 35 no problem

1 - 20 of 33 Posts