Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Sunday afternoon thunderstorm knocked out the power to my whole street. At about 7pm with still no power I told the wife I was going to wet a line somewhere in Gulf Breeze. I went to Wayside park at about 7:15 and thew around my favorite Rapala Subwalk with no luck. Five minutes later I grabbed my other rod with a hot pink Rapala skitterwalk. Two cast later my drag is screaming. I was looking forward to bringing home a redfish and was worried that it might be to big. I walked down to the end of the fence, walked out on the rocks and landed a STUD trout. It measured 29in. and weighed almost 7lbs on the boga. I then heard a thunderous applause from the families eating dinner in the park. I showed them the fish, told them what it was and then revived it and let it go. I'm not a huge fan of speckled trout as food but damn, that was fun. Not another bite for 20 minutes so I packed it up and headed home. The funniest part was that my fish really seemed to piss off the 12-15 guys fishing on the pier there that had been feeding the pinfish for hours. Got home by 8pm and the power was finally back on (4 hours after it went out).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts