Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the guys at the National Hurricane Center need to switch to Decaf. Just an observation...:(

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Sally could ramp ump when it goes over the hottest area of the gulf....It looks like it could push water from south florida all the way to La. over the mississippi sound....Not a good scenario..Hopefully she wont build or slow down,then she would get steered by the low coming down and steer her right up into gulf shores/pensacola.......

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
LOL, good one regardless of your leanings

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,077 Posts
Yup, and if that cold front comes a little slower, landfall could be more towards NO. But if it's a little faster, it could push the landfall closer to us.
So for all the over preparers, buy up all the water you can for when the power goes out you'll have water, even though the water is gravity feed and not electrical.
Fill all your 5 gallon gas cans to last at least 2 weeks just so you'll have plenty and your neighbor won't have any.
But hey, you're the pro preparer so it's not your fault others don't follow suit as you.
Get to walmart and stock up on the toilet paper too. And if they have a limit on it, take several different shirts with you, and keep changing shirts when you go back in for more tp, so they don't recognize you've already been in 6 times.
Anyway, it's going to be a wet couple of days. Ya'll stay safe.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Yup, and if that cold front comes a little slower, landfall could be more towards NO. But if it's a little faster, it could push the landfall closer to us.
So for all the over preparers, buy up all the water you can for when the power goes out you'll have water, even though the water is gravity feed and not electrical.
Fill all your 5 gallon gas cans to last at least 2 weeks just so you'll have plenty and your neighbor won't have any.
But hey, you're the pro preparer so it's not your fault others don't follow suit as you.
Get to walmart and stock up on the toilet paper too. And if they have a limit on it, take several different shirts with you, and keep changing shirts when you go back in for more tp, so they don't recognize you've already been in 6 times.
Anyway, it's going to be a wet couple of days. Ya'll stay safe.
This is a pretty dumb take. You are telling people they are idiots for being prepared? I'm sure there were folks like you in New Orleans saying the same things right before Katrina hit.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,077 Posts
Nope, didn't say that. Moreso saying people are Selfish and I hope all their 100's of gallons of gas goes bad before they can use it. Also saying people are idiots if they still believe their water dries up if they lose power.
Nothing wrong with being prepared for anything, But there is a Difference when you Only over prepare when you think something bad is about to happen such as a storm. You should have already got your stuff slowly over the months leading up to the storm season. Then you'd be a sensible preparer instead of the Idiot preparer.

As for NO and Katrina, that's totally different than what I said. It wouldn't mattered if they had all their essentials there, wouldn't done much good would it?
That's about like saying e1 in california thought like you, and what'd it get them?
So how about staying with the post instead of twisting it.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Some people’s water does dry up when theres no power. I lived through it with Erin,Opal, and Ivan. My folks still don’t have water when there’s no power. Sucks having to go out to the ditch with a 5 gallon bucket just to get the water to flush your toilet.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,077 Posts
I know there's times when a tree uproots and bursts a water line and they shut that line off to prevent contamination throughout that line. I'm saying when a storm hits, the water company doesn't shut down the water lines. And since the water is feed by pressure, power outage won't stop your water. It might if their pumps go off-line and can't refill/maintain the water tower, but then again, most have generators to use during such events.
Stay safe, and hunker down come tomorrow.

·
lees way2
1,350 Posts
They /Pace water shut ours just before dark when Ivan was on the way, and ya know where I live, all we got was it was to keep us safe. Oh ya Pace water system sucks.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I still know several people with well water. No power, no pump.

Reactions: MrFish

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
No power and your house is supplied by a well............well you got no water.
I’m a Prepper, June first I change the oil in my generator, buy about 50 gallons of 93 octane gas. This year I bought as much diesel as well. Stock up on water, TP and food. Freezers are pretty full and the pantry as well.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Well it looks like the Preppers won this round, the whole area from Mobile to Fort Walton Beach took a pretty good hit. My garage flooded 2 feet so I have been cleaning up a mucky mess and not sure just yet how much I lost since I had all my lawn equipment, camping equipment and tools in the garage. Went 3 days without power but had all the supplies we needed. When me and my friends couldn't get my old generator running I was fortunate to get a new one from Lowe's early the morning after the storm. Will probably pick up an extra fan or two for the next one. Fans help greatly when you can't run your A/C!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts