Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everyone! I'm coming back home, to Pensacola, soon. I can not wait to get back out on the water! I definitely plan on doing some yak fishing and look forward to learning as much, as I can, about the sport, from many of you. :D I'm usually on a pier or on a boat, so yakking will be fairly new to me. Very excited about it!!

Y'all save some fish for me, will ya? ;)

·
Senior Yakker
2,768 Posts
You better hurry up! I'll have all the fish caught by Oct. What do you plan on catching? I'll try and save a few for ya. Always loved that quote btw.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol. Fair enough. I'm thinking a lot of sciaenops ocellatus (red drums. i'm just showing off.) But, ya know I had a dream about catching a sailfish, the other night... so, I think I'm going to aim high in the hopes of finding a new wall decoration.
Me too. I think it kind of sums it up.
Hope to see ya, out there!

·
Senior Yakker
2,768 Posts
Got a case of the ol' ocellatusitis huh? Well, plenty of medicine for that particular affliction around here. Where ya coming from?

I never understood how a fisherman could spend all day fishing, and come home disappointed they didn't catch anything. Hell, that just means I don't have to clean any fish. Hell yeah!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Welcome back to Pcola, and welcome to the PFF.

We dont use to many big word for fish round here..

If your dreaming about fishing you should fit in well. :thumbup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aye. A terrible affliction to have, Yakavelli. I'm coming from Virginia.
lol. I hear ya. I just need the peace and quiet that comes from being out on the water. But, I kinda like the struggle of breaking them through the surface, also.

Thanks, Knot @ Work. I'm not new to PFF, though, just yakkin. ;) And, I dream about not having to do anything EXCEPT fish.

·
Senior Yakker
2,768 Posts
If everything you say is true, you better stay away from kayak fishing. It'll have you hooked like chocolate-covered crack cookies. Next thing you know you'll get the shakes about halfway through the week, waiting for your next trip. And don't even get me started on the kayak tournies. They're tantamount to Christmas in my book.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Choco-covered crack cookies, eh? Well, sign me up! lol. I am actually pretty excited about the tournies, already. There's just something so pleasant about having one's name at the top of the leader board. ;) No worries. I'll still let y'all win a few. I'm nothing, if not generous.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol. Oh, well played, 'Velli. What did your catch weigh in at?

·
Senior Yakker
2,768 Posts
Only 3.48! I was worried I should've thrown it back. I KNOW there are bigger trout all over that spot, but it died, so I threw it in the cooler. I was sure I needed a good sized red to keep myself on the board, so I spent the rest of the day chasing them. Caught two decent ones eventually and headed to the weigh-in two hours early. I was immediately in 1st in BOTH divisions! The red slowly trickled off the board, but that baby gator hung in there to the end. Great day! That's the stuff my dreams are made of lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol. THAT is a great day! You just never know what the sea is going to give ya. Except for that sailfish. I know, I'm going to wrangle that one. ;) Looking forward to meeting you, Velli. And, stealing your trophy....

·
Spec-yakular!
798 Posts
I was the one sitting with you until my 2.98lb trout got bumped by the 3lbr at 5:50! Aww man i thought i was gonna be sick!

·
Senior Yakker
2,768 Posts
Yup, that was me. I thought you sounded like that guy lol. Still can't believe I had you by .01 lb with that redfish.

Get back Amphitrite...my trophy! Lol Get your own! I will help you hunt down that sail though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol. I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to call me that. Be honest, now... was there a little googling to find her name? ;) And, you have yourself a deal. You help me hunt down my sailfish, and I'l let you keep your trophy. :)

Spec-tacular!, any advice for a fellow newbie? What has been your biggest learning curve?

·
Spec-yakular!
798 Posts
Well ive fished inshore all my life so thats came real easy for me! But i trying to get offshore in my yak and its just crazy trying to figure out what all i need to bring! Ive got a list of stuff i gotta go buy! Haha thats been the hardest thing for me just trying to figure out the ins and outs of the offshore game!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts