Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
the best advice i have if you are a newbie is to go fishing WHENEVER YOU CAN. that is the "best time" to go fishing. sure, you can plan around the tides, but the fact is different fish bite on all tides. public places to go are many. one of the best ways to get started is to go the beach and just relax with a line in the water. you will NOT learn overnite. you WILL pick up methods and develop your own over the YEARS. just be patient. do NOT go to wallyworld but to a local shop like GBBT or Outcast or Reel Fun. there are others in the area east and west. learn from the counter guys. it is their job to sell you stuff, the right stuff.just dont expect much help during a busy time. so go when it's slow.

as far as bob sikes, i find it very messy and not conducive to a positive newbie fishing environment. sure, you can catch fish there. i would just not go unless you are targetting a specific species during their season. otherwise not only will you get disappointed, but you wont catch much fish. after or during learning tackle basics, learn to target a species. florida sportsman mag has a section on what to expect to catch during a particular month. read up and have fun

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.