Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My resolution was to quit smoking. Figured I could save some money that way. But I think I'm spending all the money I saved on the food I'm eating to make up for the cigarettes. But I haven't smokedyet.........

·
Registered
129 Posts
mine is to get back down to a good weight of about 215 while maintaing all my muscle(will be my hardest), benchpressing 315 for a triple, get my 40 yd dash time to around 4.2 or 4.3 and vertical to around 35". as you can see, i've got some hard work ahead of me.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Welcome to the club guys. Ive been quit smoking 2 years on January 1st. Ive gained 54lbs !!!!!!!!!! Joined pensacourt and have been going now for about 3 weeks. I actually did some crunchs the other day and my ab muscles hurt. Couldnt sit up straight. Didnt even now i had ab muscles !!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Have a friend Mark, smokes 3 packs a day,still smoking in the hospital. Give this man a sign !!!!!!!!:doh:doh:doh:doh:doh

Scott

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
I'm along the same lines as Whaler,no more resolutions! If your gonna commit to do something like quit smoking,loosing weigh,whatever,just do it cause ya don't need new years for an excuse. For those that did it,good job and keep it up:clap The last time I quit smoking,I didn't go on the eating binge but just doubled up on the weed:doh JK:)

·
Registered
129 Posts
d45miller (1/7/2008)Dang Bwhite......a 4.2 40? If you get to it you better try out for the Saints next year!
well, i play ultimate frisbeeon saturday and sunday, and the guys i play with are around that quick.....yesterday the teams were somewhat even, but the only problem was, the slowest guy on the other team had like a 4.3 or 4.4 40....needless to say, we didn't try to outrun them too much.

so i'd be just keepin up if i get it down to that...before i had torn my acl TWICE, i probly had a 4.4 or 4.540 or so at my peak.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I didnt really do it as a New Yeatrs thing but I quit smoking Dec 4th this year and am taking Chantix. Yes I am gaining a few pounds but I have a lot more energy now so I am hoping to keep the weight down to a minimum.

I am chewing the he#$ out of sugar free gum but it is worth it!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
haven't started mine yet. i was waiting for football season to end. i can't stay away from those damn buffalo wings and beer. of course my belt loop has no problem staying away from the notch i use to use.

·
Registered
129 Posts
first workout day for the resolution....explosive lowerbody day this morning, and then tonite i did 1.5 mi intervals, and then hill sprints and squat jumps w/ 10 lbs on each ankle.

i'm one sore as crap morning closer to my goals!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts