Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out with the wifey from archie glover, got out around 1 and stayed til 4, caught 5 slot reds, all caught on a green and yellow baby 1 minus. did lose 2 on a fluke and 1/4 oz jig head baby bass colored. wanted to keep the fish but she felt bad haha so i let them go. anyword on how to catch trout out there? should i fish right up on the grass beds or further out? i was within 20 yards trollin the grass all day. no trout.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Cold spell probably drove the trout deep. Run up the BW just north of the mouth of Pond Creek - water depth will hit 25-30' - bounce ur fluke off the bottom and see what happens!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where is BW? is that blackwater i assume? also i gotta look up what pond creek is, ive only been in pcola for 9 months, still learning all the waters and its taking forever because i work so friggin much i dont get much time to pursue happiness haha

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
BW - Backwater River. Pond Creek enters the Backwater River from the west approx. 2 miles north of the I-10 bridge at Bagdad, FL. There is a public boat ramp, Oyster Pile Ramp, is about a 1/2 south of the actual mouth of Pond Creek.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank ya sir, hopefully ill be able to get up there soon, i have a wedding in richmond va next weekend but ill be back on the water after that, ill give it a shot, bottom fish that hole with flukes? what about shrimp on the bottom would that work?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts