Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2013 Hobie Pro Angler
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone,
I'm a new kayaker and just wanted to show off my new yak :) If anyone ever needs an extra person to tag along I am game for anything, anywhere.

kayak.jpg

·
Roll Tider
2,662 Posts
Is that the new 20ft PA? lol

·
2013 Hobie Pro Angler
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You could use a bed extender to support that yak properly. Look at Harbor Freight...
I am either going to get the extender or take my tool box out. There is a few extra things I want for my kayak, but I have to recover from the cost of the yak first :eek:

·
Registered
89 Posts
You definitely went big or went home on your first kayak. Congrats, and not much reason to upgrade from there.

·
2015 PA 14
43 Posts
bed extender works great. My truck has a 5 1/2 foot bed. I have put trailer lights on it since this pic. got it off amazon for $70. Might be a good opotion and not have to take tool box out. I know what you mean...im still recovering from the sticker shock...but as soon as I get it wet...all will be right in the universe again...

Attachments

·
2015 PA 14
43 Posts
Storage Idea for your new yak..
1 Buck gambrel, a 4:1 pully system, some 2x4's, 2x6's a bunch of all threads, carriage bolts, U bolts, fender washers a buttload of drilling stud finding and Voila!!! PA 14 hoist and rack

Attachments

·
2013 Hobie Pro Angler
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FlSalomon thanks for the heads up. I went to Harbour Freight this morning before I went fishing. I picked me up a bed extender. The thing works great

1 - 16 of 16 Posts