Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Spec-yakular!
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say thx to everybody who replied to all of my threads in my search for a new yak! Finally got one today a pompano 120 i bought from dvldocz! Gonna hit the bay in the morning in search of trout and reds! Lookin forward to getting up with some of you guys and learning the art of off shore yak fishing! Once again thx guys!

·
Senior Yakker
2,768 Posts
Nice! Feels good, don't it? I've bought four yaks in the last decade, and every one felt better than the last. Good luck tomorrow.

·
Spec-yakular!
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yes it feels amazing! This is my second one i bout a 10 ft sit in side and it only took a couple of trips to realize i wanted something bigger and better! Im deff hooked! I cant wait to get off shore!

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Nice just wait soon you will get the itch for something bigger and better lol

THe one you got is a fine ride tough you will enjoy it for sure

good luck!! which bay u hitting? Im going to be on backwater

·
Senior Yakker
2,768 Posts
I started with a 10' sit in too. Used it for a couple years. Finally ended up with the pro angler. I've been craving some offshore fishing lately too, haven't been yet this year. I've been too busy enjoying these new redfish regs. Waited a long time to be able to keep a pair of them bad boys. You going out sat?

·
Spec-yakular!
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ox i think im gonna head out to tiger point tomorrow! Yakavelli i wish i could go sat but i gotta wrk! But im really itching to get off shore! Need some ew equipment though! I got 2 penn 320 gti i could use for trolling or bottom fishing but all my spinning gear is smaller in shore stuff! Oh and didnt even think about tackle! I havent fished off shore in do long i aint got none! Lol......still got a few things to get like a gaf! And a yak coller bag to store the catch!

·
Topwater Addict
487 Posts
You're going to love the Pompano, I know I do. Got into kayaking a few months ago and the inshore species are great but after reading this forum daily I want more. Planning on trying to get me a bay king next week or fingers crossed a poon and hopefully a trip out front for a mahi before the weather changes. I've worked up a serious kayak fishing bucket list. I'm in the same situation with the lack of big tackle though. One big penn and the rest is inshore stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts