Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Former Yankee
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading all these posts on here from you guys jigging the surf for flounder so I thought I would give it a try. I'm usually a double drop set bait and wait fisherman but without much luck lately I decided to go pick up a light weight pole and some of these mythical matrix shad. Couldn't find the matrix but I bought some other brand paddle tail that I thought might work. Turns out there is something to this new way of fishing you guys invented. Haha. Spent a very nice evening on the beach and even brought home some dinner. Thanks to all for sharing your tips!!

Attachments

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
There you go! Nothing too it! Don't get too caught up in one certain bait because there are tons that'll work. I have my preference of course as I've posted such, but I can catch them on tons of different baits.

·
Center Mass at 300m
2,041 Posts
I learned last year that its not all about wading chest deep and throwing a surf rig 75 yards in deeper water. You can cast sandbars and actually keep your feet dry.

Funny you mention artificials. Yesterday morning my neighbor and I walked the surf while it was chilly. We caught fish on everything from hard jerkbaits, skinny paddle tails bounced on the bottom to a bucktail jig. Then went back out again the evening and used live bait. Partner caught three flounder in less than 6' of water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts