Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got here live in perdido..can anyone give me a location where I can fish bank with my son and get some pullage...looking for reds, trout,drum,..something worth keeping...thanks for help

·
Registered
136 Posts
Johnson beach is a great area to fish for all the game fish ur looking for i think its 7 or 8 bucks for a weeks pass, there mite be pompanos running the beaches at this time of year also the sound side grass beds are great for reds an trout . Good luck an welcome

·
Registered
352 Posts
if you want an easy shot at big red and black drum, over into pensacola there alot of menhaden running in and out of the bayou texar right now, if you are there when the menhaden are popping through, live blue crabs work great for reds and blacks, live menhaden snatched or netted as well as croakers have been on the menu for the big bull reds, around the mouth of texar and around 3mb sometime between 10pm and sunrise has been the time slot lately, never know exactly when though

that area around 3mb is packed with white trout as well and a few specks in the mix if youre lucky, and some spanish here and there.

as mentioned above, johnsons beach on perdido key, sound side around the grass is great for slot reds and both white and speckled trout, surf side should start seeing some reds and black drum starting up soon. pomps in the gut between sandbars, and the best bait for those in my opinion is free if you spend some time raking the sand.

hope this helps you out, welcome to the area

1 - 3 of 3 Posts