Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just moved here from Washington state and are anxious to get in the woods. We live in Milton and I have two young boys who love to go hunting with me. Anybody recommend a place? Not looking for your Honey hole, just a place to go with the kids and pick up a doe. Also would really like a hog hunt, any tips on this? Thanks for any help you can give! JOE

·
Banned
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it was a long way, 3002 miles to be exact. A hunting stop in Montana helped break it up though! We hunt there every year and what a blast, literally see hundreds of deer each day.

I love to hunt and fish so if anybody needs someone to go with, hit me up. I am always good for whatever. Looking for a boat so should have one in the next week or so. I also have a freezer full of halibut and salmon to bribe with!

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
Welcome what size boat are you looking for and are you going to go inshore or offshore.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
First off, welcome to town. Milton is a nice small town. I havent been to blackwater this year, but have seen some hogslast season. If you go out muson hwy, all the way to you get to hwy four,(there is a 4 way there) take a left on hwy4 go a few miles and on the right side of the hwy is 3 notch. Turn right, back in there we seen alot of hogs. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Welcome - I hope you're not expecting to see a hundred deer a day - if so, you will most likely be disappointed in Florida. Heck, I can't even think of the last time I saw a hundred deer in one season. That's OK - as long as you see one that you can take....

It's too late for this year, but there's a ton of hogs on Eglin AFB. They also get quite a few in the NW Florida Water mgmt land along Escambia River, but unless you got a boat - it's tough to hunt. Other than that, most folks around here get on hunt clubs/leases either in Florida, Alabama or in Georgia (I'm inone in Cantonment/Molino and one in SW Georgia). If you really want al almost guaranteed doe or small buck, it might be worth looking at one of the hunting lodges- I hunted at alabama River Lodge a couple years ago and saw nice bucks every day, and lots of does. It's pretty late in the year to get in, but you can check out www.alariver.com - It's fairly affordable as far as hunting ranches go. There's another I've heard of called Painted Rock - but never tried it.

Maybe your best bet is to ask around on the forum - a lot of the members will open up their hunting properties if you want to get your sons in the woods.

Good Luck and welcome!

Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts