Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family and I are new to the area and I have been monitoring this board for a couple of weeks. We are planning on heading out into the Gulf this Saturday with our 4 kids (ages 7 to 13) from Perdido Pass for our first trip from our new home. With 4 kids going and me still learning the area, a trip to the Edge will not be in the cards. Instead, I am shooting for a trip where we are likely to have a decent amount of action to keep the kids excited. We will probably stay within 15 miles of the coast and mix in some trolling if we see birds/grass/structure, with some bottom stops along the way. If I end up just pulling dad duty of baiting hooks and taking fish off of hooks, it will be a successful trip regardless of what we catch. Thanks in advance for any tips or insight.

·
Registered
155 Posts
http://www.outdooralabama.com/

Look at Fishing>Saltwater>Artificial reefs. Lots of options with Minton East and Minton West only about 2 miles offshore, then lots more reefs at 8 miles. Fight through the red snapper and you may catch keeper trigger. May also get lucky with a cobia. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts