Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

I'm new to the area and currently stationed on NAS Pensacola. I'm originally from Michigan and have been hunting my entire life. I'm kind of glad to have found this forum, because I was curious if I could get some tips on good places to hunt around the area?

Also, while I'm here if you know of any decent fishing spots around the area or can link me to another thread, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
829 Posts
The pier on base alpha pier its called now is a good spot. Also the sea wall. Get a cheap sit on top kayak for now and the bay will open up to you. Good luck amigo. Doc

·
Registered
15 Posts
I too am new to the area--just moved here from Camp Pendleton, CA. Pigs are all over Blackwater and Eglin. Stay close to water during the warm months, but be forewarned about the skeeters--little bastards are out in force. I'm seeing deer under oaks as the acorns are dropping. I live near the Escambia river WMA--I've seen tracks but am yet to see deer standing in those tracks.

Fishing- awesome fishing! Red snapper are ridiculous around structure. You can find numbers to public wrecks / structure on line. Redfish and mackeral are plentiful. Lots of good spots on NAS. I've seen nice grouper pulled off of Alegany Pier aboard NAS.

Hope it helps, amigo!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts