Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, looks like a great forum you got here. I'm a member of a couple others over my way.

I live in Tallahassee but will be in Pensacola this weekend. Planned on briging the kayak with me for the first time while I'm over in your neck of the woods.

Was wondering if any of you could point me in the right direction as to where I might be able to find some redfish. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks fellas :notworthy:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Heck with the redfish. Get out and get some snapper while the season is still open.

I hope you have better luck than I did though. I drove over to Pensacola from New Orleans for the weekend that they had record flooding and severe storms. I spent most of my weekend fishing trip watching the red flags on the beach from my hotel room.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If my freezer wasn't already full of snapper, I'd be the first to agree with you. Real reason I'm looking for reds is that I'm signed up for one of these online fishing tourneys that runs through the end of the month & I'm having a hard time finding them over my way

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ahhh, gotcha. What tournament is it?

My best luck for reds in the marsh lately is to go EARLY in the morning. If you are launching at sunup it is almost too late. I launch in the marsh at 4 AM and have all my fish by 6 AM. Granted Louisiana may be different than your neck of the woods but you might give it a try.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It's the statewide Florida sportsman kayak challenge. It's their first one & it's running from June 1 - July 31. You can choose inshore, offshore, or both. Pretty fun so far. Was only $25 & you get a shirt & the prizes are nice. Here's the link: http://www.floridasportsman.com/2012/05/22/florida-sportsman-kayak-challenge-and-online-tournament/

Caught my personal best red to date out of LA. Usually do a chartered tuna trip once a year over there as well. Damn good fishing you got out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts