Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new Kayak from Dicks. I bought a Field and Stream 12 ft Eagle Talon. Been out two times to practice with it. So far liking it a lot. But my Question is how do you store your catch? Mostly I am curious with how you store your saltwater fish. I thought about using a stringer but afraid it will attract sharks. Im from Pensacola but live in Defuniak now but once I get more experience I want to try and fish around Fort Pickens.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I use a large feelfree fishbag for snapper, kings, tuna ect.. and I have a small little cooler bag I got at Walmart for reds and specs. I store the bag in my rear tankwell.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Jared, I use a “kill bag” from Reliable fishing. It runs $160+ on Amazon. I find that it is big enough for most of the fish I target. I caught a decent sized King Mackerel last week and stored the entire fish in the bag with plenty of room for more fish. I use about a half dozen frozen water bottles to keep everything cold. I attach the bag with a non-mechanical ratcheting strap to the front of my kayak and it is pretty stable. The bag does not allow for the use of my front storage but is an acceptable trade off if I’m able to keep fresh and out of the water where predatory fish may steal my catch. Hope this answers your question and then some.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. Still learning a lot. Watched a lot of videos on moding my kayak. Just ordered a scotty plug to move my rod holder. Also looking to add a box behind my seat.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,544 Posts
Catch bag!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts