Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys love this forum and i have learned so much...im picking up my first kayak next week and am just looking for some tips/advice on kayak fishing and i have a couple questions...i live in the icw in ft walton so thats the area i will be mostly in
--do u guys mostly work artificial baits up and down a the shores/piers and what not? or use live bait?
--do u guys troll lures--id love some info on this as i feel trolling the channel would be good fishing am i wrong? what do u troll? spoons, mirrorlures and whatnot? or troll livebait? it seems livebait in kayak will be too much but im open.

any tips will be greatly appreciated i am looking soo forward to getting off my pier! thank u.

·
Medically Retired Army
315 Posts
Youzri Crystal Minnow, Cig-Cicles w/ and w/o a skirt(I prefer pink or purple, but its a ladies choice!), but the best bait is ALWAYS going to be live bait, either free line, troll w/ and w/o skirt, ect. I always carry a sabiki with me and keep either my livewell on my yak or have my live well tube on it.

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/672145/pvc-livewell

or you can use the 6" caps on the end, I used the mesh because it provides much less drag.

Good luck and tight lines.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that trolling livewell is sweet..nice rope work! so as far as trolling livebait are pins good?
and what kind of crstal minnow..floating or diving?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts