Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, I have recent gotten into the sport of hunting and don't really have any information to go off of as my father never took me and no one near me hunts either. I have all my gear in order and have the license and WMA permit. It seems I have to hunt at Escambia river since I did not apply for a Quota hunt. I am interested in small game, such as squirrels and hogs. Any information would be beneficial such as places to go or what times to go. If there are clubs open to new people as well I would like to know as long as they're not too expensive to join. I appreciate all the help and look forward to hearing from all of you!

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,077 Posts
Early morning and late evening for squirrels, they'll be up in the trees, easier to spot. Late morning thru noon to early evening, they'll be on the ground foraging. With the cool weather, the hogs will be eating all day with early mornings and late evenings better. If it gets too hot, they'll rest up. I've shot lots between noon and 3pm, just really depends on weather conditions. Shot them during rain showers too. g/l

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thanks man! I assume you're talking about Escambia River. Any part of Escambia river you recommend?

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
I challenge you to find a place without hog sign! Haha, they must just not stop and rest at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts