Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Whatever you do, please for the love of god do not drive 40mph in the left lane on 98.... half the population already does. Fml.
It must be in the air, because we have the same disease in Panama City. I don't understand it...and they don't care.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
The Oar House in Bayou Chico is also a boat friendly restaurant with good food and atmosphere.:thumbsup:
With a painfully small dock for a waterfront restaurant! Three boats can fill the whole thing. :whistling:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
With a painfully small dock for a waterfront restaurant! Three boats can fill the whole thing. :whistling:
Side bar....
When we were in the Bahamas a few years ago, all the boats tied up to docks bow in and used a stern anchor so the boats were perpendicular to the docks. You could get 10 boats on one side of a 100' dock. Always wondered why we don't do that here.....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Nothing like getting a bunch of great advice right before a pandemic sets in :)
We haven't been out to eat much...Dave's a couple of times and Juanas Pagodas to-go orders on the boat. But we've done a lot of boat riding and had a blast learning about inshore fishing. Caught a 23" and 24" redfish off the dock Wednesday night, so that's pretty cool...lots of mullet and stingrays hang out there with us as well. And who said something about bears?? Neighbors said they've never seen one in 13 years - we've seen 2 since March! One walked right up our driveway from the water while I was standing there working on the kids' bikes, the other was swimming south across the Sound over around Navarre Saturday :) Santa Rosa Yacht Club is awesome for fuel...they seem to be about a buck cheaper than anywhere else we've found, and they're just a bunch of nice folks too. But watch out for the older couple with the 40+' yacht leaving their slip right across from the fuel dock...apparently they've never met a piling they didn't want to hit pretty hard. But nothing beats heading straight south across the Sound and playing bocce with the kids for hours on our own private beach.

So one more question.....I'm due for my 100-hour service and will be out of town a good bit coming up. Is there a local you would recommend who can do the labor for me? I had a great guy in Orange Beach, and would just prefer to support a local who knows what he's doing instead of paying retail rates at a full service marina. I can do it myself, but we have company coming for the next several weekends and I'm not sure when I'll get it done around my work schedule. Thanks!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Find out where Sin City is, as that is where your 12-17 yr old daughter is going to lose her virginity to a local pot head

21 - 32 of 32 Posts