·
Banned
2,215 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Pinksnappercatcher (1/17/2010)
King Crab (1/17/2010)
[email protected] (1/17/2010)Thanks for educating us on the Ling terminology...I thought everyone was talking about two different fish...
Finnaly, Your catching on! oh yea, have you caughta cobiaoff a pier yet? Just asking.
Why fish off the pier when you can fish off boats? Just wondering. I know that probally 80 to 90% of the guys on the pier would go cobia fishing on a boat if they had the chance. One guy already said that a few post back.
Becasue it is a rush. Catching oen off the pier doesnt even compare to catching one in a boat its soo much better! I do fish boats alot as well but a there is nothing like catching one off the pier

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Freespool (1/17/2010)
Pinksnappercatcher (1/17/2010)
King Crab (1/17/2010)
[email protected] (1/17/2010)Thanks for educating us on the Ling terminology...I thought everyone was talking about two different fish...
Finnaly, Your catching on! oh yea, have you caughta cobiaoff a pier yet? Just asking.
Why fish off the pier when you can fish off boats? Just wondering. I know that probally 80 to 90% of the guys on the pier would go cobia fishing on a boat if they had the chance. One guy already said that a few post back.
Becasue it is a rush. Catching oen off the pier doesnt even compare to catching one in a boat its soo much better! I do fish boats alot as well but a there is nothing like catching one off the pier
Exactly! Catch 1 off a pier, a decent 1. Boats is no way the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
whats the best setup for cobia, rod, reel, lures, test,
imho i would get a kingfish pier rod which you can buy at half hitch or a custom rod is meant for 3-5 oz baits which a ding a ling is my favorite with a durable reel that holds at least 275 yards of 20-25# ande mono like a van staal 250 or if you are on a budget a penn 706z is hard to beat at a price around $200.

·
2019 Hobie outback
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I think I'm good on cobia rods and reel advice now. This thread was started 5 years ago. After going to the pier during cobia season and not having a empty spot on the rail, i gave up and bought a kayak and never looked back!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts