Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
9 ft rod, any blank that feels good[it needs to have some backbone], 706 or 302 with a manual

50 lb popwer pro or 25-30lb mono

i dont have a problem with a ding a ling lures but they are a little light and you want something a little bit heavier on the pier like 3 or 3 1/2 oz.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
atlast740 (1/16/2010)bill that want b a problem just let me know and ill wrap u up some or get my son in law to do it for u
Thanks Frank....I don't mind getting them from the bait shops in the area...I like supporting the local shopswhen I'm down:clap

·
Registered
415 Posts
I saw Frank Helton "The living Legend," tie on a jig other than a ding-a-ling last year. Some goofy guy from Texas traded him jigs cuz he thought his was jinxed. The perfect setup for a cobia tends to be the last one you want to catch one on in the boat.

·
Registered
209 Posts
think u better get ur chit straight before u start telling things. first of all tyhe guy from texas wasnt goofy he is chris better known as texOIP and both lures was ding a lings

·
Registered
415 Posts
Frank, chill out man, don't get your blood pressure up. I'm just messin with you and chris. Every year chris goes through the same crap, tieing on a half dozen jigs cuz each one's jinxed, meanwhile Thomas and Billy catch fish on the most hanous jigs I've ever seen. I'm lookin forward to hearing more of your cobia tales in 2010. I still say you should write a book!

·
Registered
214 Posts
All he'd have to do to write a book is compile all the newspaper and magazine articles written about him. It'd be a best seller!:)

·
Registered
848 Posts
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_lblFullMessage>All he'd have to do to write a book is compile all the newspaper and magazine articles written about him. It'd be a best seller!
I'd buy it for sure

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I've never caught a "Cobra"! I have caught plenty what some call Ling! Cobia means your a tourist Boat fishermen! Just kidding, Kinda. We call them Ling, Lemons, Flat heads, Brownies, Floating turds, Etc. Cobias are the official name for them.But the fish is the same. Whats left of them.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
King Crab (1/17/2010)
[email protected] (1/17/2010)Thanks for educating us on the Ling terminology...I thought everyone was talking about two different fish...
Finnaly, Your catching on! oh yea, have you caughta cobiaoff a pier yet? Just asking.
Why fish off the pier when you can fish off boats? Just wondering. I know that probally 80 to 90% of the guys on the pier would go cobia fishing on a boat if they had the chance. One guy already said that a few post back.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
King Crab (1/17/2010)
[email protected] (1/17/2010)Thanks for educating us on the Ling terminology...I thought everyone was talking about two different fish...
Finnaly, Your catching on! oh yea, have you caughta cobiaoff a pier yet? Just asking.
You can catch cobia off the pier? dang...I got to try that!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts