Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
You will get about 3 million answers. 8' Kingfish rod, 14000 Spheros, 30# line and a handful of ding a ling jigs, different colors.

·
Banned
2,215 Posts
mid range can be so many different prices for people, but a good quality setup is a Penn 706z ($100) on a custom wrapped rod ($75 for cheap but you get what you pay for), 20 or 25lb test mono, couple ding a ling jigs in various colors.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
atlast740 (1/16/2010)thanks for the comment on ding a ling lures been using them since 1963 and they work good
Thats funny seeings how you were the first to make them, and are still in production.

·
Registered
209 Posts
there is a lot of cobia jigs been made since then and they have come and gone --- there is still jig lures that people swear by everybody to there own preference but ill stick to the original ding a ling

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
atlast740 (1/16/2010)there is a lot of cobia jigs been made since then and they have come and gone --- there is still jig lures that people swear by everybody to there own preference but ill stick to the original ding a ling
I'll tell you another secret, ajs and grouper inhale them also.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
9ft rod there are so many different blanks you just have to see what feels good to you. A Van staal or a 706 with 50lb power pro for the pier or 30lb mono in the boat.

·
Registered
197 Posts
i love my mitchells and have caught many good quality fish on them but i recently got a van staal so they may be put away 4 a while or used as just a back up

·
Registered
214 Posts
Just so you'll know, these are pix of Frank Helton's 'Ding-a-Ling' jigs. They've caught more Cobia than probablyall other jigs combined. We, (Frank and SeaBit Tackle), are the only ones that make the "real" 'Ding-a-Ling' jig. We start sending'em out to tackle shops in P'cola andFWB (Pat's B&T) usually about February.:)

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
SeaBit (1/16/2010)Just so you'll know, these are pix of Frank Helton's 'Ding-a-Ling' jigs. They've caught more Cobia than probablyall other jigs combined. We, (Frank and SeaBit Tackle), are the only ones that make the "real" 'Ding-a-Ling' jig. We start sending'em out to tackle shops in P'cola andFWB (Pat's B&T) usually about February.:)

:clap:clap....these are what I look to get!!!! when I come down.:)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts