Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, maybe not a cat. ( but I do hate cats)

Found this new Ruger 10/22 on a FB gun site, picked it up on the CHEAP.
image.jpg

Now if I could only find some ammo, dang hoarders!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I have a 10/22 that my father gave me. I remember shooting it 40 plus years ago. It is an accurate, fun shooting gun.

Oh, I have a sealed tin with over 5000 rounds of .22 that I inherited.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
That's a fun gun. I actually killed two coyotes with mine, in my backyard.

Reactions: delta dooler

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Nice rifle. Dont let them feral cats walk. They are just as bad as coyotes. Especially to the turkey population. They arnt anyone pet lol

Reactions: delta dooler

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice rifle. Dont let them feral cats walk. They are just as bad as coyotes. Especially to the turkey population. They arnt anyone pet lol
Feral cats ! I like that, I just might have to get on some of them feral cats that like to piss on my boots I leave outside!

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Feral cats ! I like that, I just might have to get on some of them feral cats that like to piss on my boots I leave outside!
Once a tom cat sprays something boots or otherwise you might as well toss it. One pissed on a tackle bag of mine once I gave up finally decided to try bleach. All it did was take the edge off a little, still reeked. Did I mention how much I hate cats...:mad:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I can't remember the state but I think it was VA for a while had a feral cat season because they were getting over welmed with cats in certain parts of the state. I also am pretty sure Texas has a season or at least you are "allowed" to shoot feral cats.

http://www.businessinsider.com/cats-kill-billions-of-birds-and-mammals-each-year-2013-1

Look at that article and when you shoot a feral cat it will make you feel better :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Once a tom cat sprays something boots or otherwise you might as well toss it. One pissed on a tackle bag of mine once I gave up finally decided to try bleach. All it did was take the edge off a little, still reeked. Did I mention how much I hate cats...:mad:
My sisters cat did the samething to my dads pair of gortex. He could never get the stink out and that dang cat would spray everything. :censored:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Range

What is the range on the gun? Looking at a HMR 17 and trying to figure out what to get. We have lots of coyotes but most shots are in excess of 100 yards.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
What is the range on the gun? Looking at a HMR 17 and trying to figure out what to get. We have lots of coyotes but most shots are in excess of 100 yards.
Are you only limited to a rimfire? Also most coyotes if you call them in right and play the wind right you can easily shoot them with a shotgun. If someone told me to pick a shotgun or rifle for coyote hunting here in FL I am picking a 12ga with #4 buck with the Carlson dead coyote choke tube and pattern the gun and you can pop them out to 60 yards easy but I probably wouldn't shoot a coyote over a 100 yards with a 17hmr. That bullet looses energy fast!!! Dont get me wrong it has been done before and will kill yotes but like splitine said a 17 wsm.

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Id feel comfortable to 75 Yds or so, with my .22 mag I feel good to 100, anything in excess of that, I'd go with a .17.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts