Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a new scope, I have a good one - a VX-II Leupold 3x9x50mm - but shoot a 7mmmag and want to be able to see out further....so, I called and spoke with Pat at Mike's and he has a sale running thru this month and has a Meopta on sale, a 3x12x56mm...I have heard/read a bunch of good stuff on here about these scopes, so needless to say - I am pretty excited!:letsdrink

How else out there has a Meopta? :usaflag

Now it is off to the woods for a an afternoon hunt up in Molino,on a buddy's private land! Hope it is a good afternoon!!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
If that is for the illuminated red dot that is a very good price. I have that scope on my Tika and I love it. I believe objects at 100yds pull into 10ft. It is a very clear scope that works super well in low light conditions.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Speckulator (2/2/2010)Pick up the phone and call Mike's.....

George

thanks...................that thought never even crossed my mind. But I didnt know it was against your rules to ask a question on the forum.

·
Registered
574 Posts
make sure that the scope has an aluminum body. the paint on the steel body meoptas sucks i took mine back and got an aluminum body meostar

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,548 Posts
I have the 3x12x56 4A reticle on my 300. I love it. I like them better than my zeiss and my leupolds. Very clear. I dropped my 300 tikka a few years ago from 20ft, didn't tie my string good enough when I was letting it down. The gun landed on the recoil pad and bounce and then landed on its side. Luckily it was a little softer than usual ground in a bottom, but still wasn't the softest landing either. I was forsure it kncked the scope off. Went back to camp and squeezed one off. Still dead on. I was impressed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the 3 x 12 x 56 on my Browning .270 non-illuminated model and loved it. I bought mine from Mikes and they took me out back at twilight with a Swaro to compare. The Swaro was a touch better but it sure wasn't $1000.00 better. You will be well pleased with your purchase.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the responses guys! I am heading back up to Molino in the morning to sit where my buddy killed a nice 8 pt this morning (will post in a new thread)...not sure if hunting the afternoon, but either way I am going to try to stop by Mike's and pick that scope up! I can't get on their site for some reason, so I went to the Meopta site to have a look and I REALLY like what I saw and read...CAN'T WAIT! :letsdrink

PIGSDADDY / WHARF RAT - I will be selling it once the FL gun season goes out...I have a PM from someone already asking and I responded to him...I guess the fair thing to do though, is see who asked first based on the time that you guys asked if it would be for sale. You two can see it for yourself on the posts here - let me check the PM as well. :usaflag

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, the other fella asked at 1930 this evening...so now to figure out how to handle this b/c I want to be fair!!! lol I of course responded to him already as the 'Private Message notification' is the first thing ya get when getting on the site...

Also, as I told him in the PM - I am working on what I am going to sell it for, as I want to both be fair to the buyer as well as to myself! lol Also, I was concerned that it may have fogged up once a couple years ago - so I sent it in to Leupold to have a look (was before the 07 season if I remember correctly, will look for paperwork)...they took it apart and did their thing and sent it back saying it had been cleaned and resealed, etc and scope was in great condition (just so you know!) Their customer service rocks!:usaflag

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just picked up my new scope, the Meopta Meostar R1, 3-12x56 RD (illuminated)...799 plus tax at Mike's - very nice scope!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Sweet deal Chuck! I may have to go check that out. Let us know once you get it mounted up and get tosqueeze a couple off.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imkilroy (2/3/2010)Sweet deal Chuck! I may have to go check that out. Let us know once you get it mounted up and get tosqueeze a couple off.
Will do Ken! It will be a week or so though, a friend of mine is letting me hunt a few times up on his family's property...so I am going to wait til I either get me a good one, or the end of gun season to mount it and shoot 'er in. Just FYI, Pat did tell me the sale would be for the entire month of Feb. I know one thing, it is one CLEAR and BRIGHT scope! :usaflag

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Chuck that is a fine scope! I'm looking at getting one my self. A buddy I hunt with has one and I could see a lot more with it than the Zeiss that was at the camp. I love the red dot. Congrats!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts