Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

New rod storage

2K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  Lucky #9 
#1 ·
While up north in West Virginia for the holidays my Brother and I decided to spend a few hours in the wood shop. Much better than in the corners....

See less See more
#7 ·
beautiful work, but like mentioned before you might think of spacing them a bit closer together (especially if you plan on leaving the weight of that international on the rod) even if you dont move it, its still some good looking work! cant wait til i actually have a garage or shop to store my rods. now its every other corner throughout the house!

#10 ·
Looks good Jim. Unfortunately I would probably need 2 more just like,Oh and a garage to hang it in:banghead Looks like you need to stock up on some more sticks though at the Outcast sale.

#12 ·
My father used to protect his garage from prying eyes by hanging a 3-4' curtain on the inside of the garage door, 3-4' up from the floor. The curtain was hung on a light line pulled tight on the right and left ends of the garage door. When the door was closed it would lay flat against the door just off the floor. When the (overhead) door was open the curtain would drop down and block most of the view into the garage, it provided improved privacy but allowed easy entry/exit and air flow on the warm days. Something like this may help if security is a concern. Again nice looking set up. :usaflag

#13 ·
My son and I made the same type holders but instead of mounting them on the wall we mounted them on the ceiling in the garage . Makes a great rod rack and a really simple to make . I was over at a friends house the other day and he made some with a 1 by 4painted it black mounted some PVC on the 1 by 4 I guess the pvc being two foot long well long enough to hold his largest rod . Then mounted on the ceiling of his garage looked good and really did not have ten dollars in the whole set up.

With the set up you made I'm very pleased with mine and all rods are out of the way and very easy to put back in there place. Now to find place for all my other BS.

#14 ·
looks great. I like the spacing between the rods as it allows for larger reels. Most of the stuff you buy is spaced for small freshwater reels. I agree also that the two ends need to be moved together a bit.

next time you go make me one!! I dont have those type of skills.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.