Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished this rod tonight and it is spinning in the dryer right now. The rod is a 7 foot Shikari with a split cork grip Fuji eyes and seat. Thread is garnet and gold tell me what you think sorry the pictures suck.

·
Registered
624 Posts
been thinking of getting in to making my own rodsmyself

would of changed the colors myself but from what i can tell looks good

·
Super Moderator
12,712 Posts
it looks good, i'm not really a fan of the bulky cork grips, or the shiny thread.... i like plain colors... just personal preference.... it looks good though!

how long have you been wrapping?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It takes me about a week to do everything from start to finish thats working a little every night after work. This is actually only my second rod. I went today to Orange Beach and boat a 9 foot blank to build a cobia rod next it should be interesting.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vs200 the blank I bought for the cobia rod is a 9 foot gator glass blank. I wanted to go cheap on my first cobia blank in case it turns out shitty then I am not out a whole lot. After I get a few more under my belt I will build myself a Seeker or Lami but just not ready yet. Glory thanks for the compliment I have them lined up waiting to be built when you come in town give me a shout maybe we can trade tips.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks WWW. I am having trouble with the chevron wrap either I get the threads to tight and cannot pack them or I get then to loose I think it is a technique problem may give you a shout.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,546 Posts
Not too shabby for a Seminole fan. Good job.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks I tried to do a seminole theme looked for a seminole decal to put on the rod but no luck thanks for the compliment.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
www.fishing (10/20/2007)
seminolewind (10/20/2007)Thanks WWW. I am having trouble with the chevron wrap either I get the threads to tight and cannot pack them or I get then to loose I think it is a technique problem may give you a shout.

Bro chevrons are kid shit.ill show you how to do stuff like this.its easy once you learn the formula.one basic rule to wraps is either outside the box or inside the box and how many + 1 +2 +3 and so on.Sometimes deducting 1/16 every cycle to compensate for the taper can be tricky but its all good man.

Weaves are fun to_Once you learn the basic principle you can do multi color names,pictures,logos and all that shit.Just gimme a shout.

Takes a lot of Newports to make it through a wrap like that. :poke

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I don't want to hijack www's thread so will say that it costs little to start, lots when you really get into it with all the 'must haves'. A little elbow grease and materials found around the home will get you started.

There are plans available on the I'net to make anything that you need/require.

BTW, if someone wants a 'Left List for a Seminole weave, let me know.

Now back to www. C2

1 - 19 of 19 Posts