Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
As far as I know, it is all new posts since your last visit.
If you made the OP and then back to new posts and then went to another website and came back, your OP is not going to be a new post for you.

·
Super Moderator
19,675 Posts
Are you clicking on on recent post as soon as you get on the forum or do you look around then click on it?

I click on it probably 50 times a day and always have a full page, a lot of times 2 of new posts.

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,434 Posts
I know what he is referring to.

I notice it more during the middle of the night more so than my other times. Like its waiting to be approved or something like that

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As far as I know, it is all new posts since your last visit.
If you made the OP and then back to new posts and then went to another website and came back, your OP is not going to be a new post for you.
It never occurred to me it would be specific to my, e.g. new to me. I thought it meant new to the site. So this is likely it as I tend to click on New Posts, scroll through, click on a thread then click new post again to reload and start looking some more.

·
Administrator
1,117 Posts
Hi,

I tweaked one of the settings of how these new posts are getting marked as read. Now what should happen is when in New Posts, after reading a thread in there, when you click on New Posts it should no longer show because it will now recognize that you have read it and it is therefore not a new post any more.

~Sheena

·
Administrator
1,117 Posts
The only thing that was changed recently was Thread Marking so that it gave you more results, the "once you read it it's gone" aspect is not a new thing, however I can see if we can get a secondary system in place that doesn't clear and is not subjective, we usually call it active topics, New posts is things you haven't read, active topics is things you may have but are newest to the site.

Kyle

·
Super Moderator
19,675 Posts
Not sure why we had to change it when there hasn't been an issue in years with it. If I click on a thread then click on the recent tab again it's gone.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts