Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum but have been lurking a while.

Just a few minutes ago I dropped a bundle on a New PA14. Now to find folks to fish with.

I also own a Predator Minn Kota but that thing is way to heavy for my 58 years to drag across too much sand.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,546 Posts
Where and what type of fishing are you looking to do?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't envy you having to drag the PA14 through the sand, that thing is going to weigh a ton. I think they weigh a bit more than the Predator Minn Kota even after the motor weight and battery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I bought the beach wheels for the PA. And the battery weights 38 pounds, the motor 20 and the yak 97 and I didn’t have wheels for it. Bought it when I lived elsewhere. I live in Cantonment and would mind traveling within an hour or so of PCB.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,546 Posts
Offshore, inshore, both?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really want to do both. I have fisher mostly fresh water but moved here from Rhode Island where I fished salt some. It will be a learning experience but I read and watch videos a lot. I also build rods so not such a big deal to change for different types of fishing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I usually launch from Simpson's in Pace or Couey Rd on Blackwater Bay. I plan on going all week, weather permitting. You are welcome to join me. I just got my kayak this year and haven't had a chance to take it off shore yet.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,546 Posts
I really want to do both. I have fisher mostly fresh water but moved here from Rhode Island where I fished salt some. It will be a learning experience but I read and watch videos a lot. I also build rods so not such a big deal to change for different types of fishing.

I just got my first kayak in December of this last year. So I am a kayak rookie too. What is your fishing schedule and I have not been offshore either. I stay in the bays, bayous and on the flats. What blank do you prefer to fish?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts