Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
<P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">I like SOS Marine's idea of non-motorized division similar to the pier division. Many kayakers such as me can't afford the cost of a boat, so the $300 entry fee would be pretty steep for us individuals. A smaller entry fee for a non-motorized division and a pier division would increase the participation and thus raise more money AND awareness for the charity. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">I know there are always quite a few yakers out around the Navarre Beach pier when I go and if you take a look at how many yakers participate on this forum (during the warmer months) you can seethat thereis a lot of potential.The growth of kayak fishing has been phenomenal and all of the tournaments need to consider that forfuture tournaments.<o:p></o:p><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Ilovefishing tournaments, have done pretty well since buyingmy1st kayak in August, would love to participate in this one, but I think my wife would just laugh at me when I told how much it would cost me. Other than that, the outline for what you have sounds great and I think it will be well-received!<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I like the ideas guys but keep in mind there needs to be consideration towards the policing of the tournament. I have some ideas of how to police a pier and kayak division through some suggestions via PM. Now let's see how many people would participate. Who would like to see a pier division and/or a kayak division?

·
Registered
753 Posts
I would like to see a pier and kayak division.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Lost Key Marina and Yacht Club has agreed to host the event from the Captain's meeting to the Awards Banquet. They are the closest public marina to Pensacola Pass in the same location Rod and Reel Marina used to be in before Ivan (just east of Southwind Marina and West of Landfall). We are waiting for the definite yes from their risk management team but they think that isn't going to be a problem. They have a beautiful facility that is stillunder construction at this time but should be a great place to weigh in some fish. Now is where the real work begins. We need sponsors to make this happen. The more interest you show on this thread, the more I have in print to convince them their money will be well spent. Thanks again. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I think this is a great idea Brad, my brother and I put on a small one day mackerel tournament out of our marina 4 or5 years ago and people seemed to really enjoy it. We had a good turnout and things went real smooth. We had planned on doing it in the years to follow but needless to say, Ivan threw us a little off track and it was put on the back burner. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help. Good luck!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Hey Jake, I enjoyed fishing your tournament when you had it. Hell, we even won some money!!!!! It takes a lot of hard work to put on a tourney so I hope people will show some support to Brad and fish his event. I hope to have my new boat by then so you can count me in. Now I just need to find some team members!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl9_lblFullMessage>SPONSOR ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

JEWELERS TRADE SHOP has stepped up and sponsored the Lady Angler Bonus Category. Not only have they sponsored the category but they have raised the value to $1000. They are contributing a $1000 gift certificate to their store at 26 Palafox Pl in Downtown Pensacola. Please recognize them as a sponsor of this event and give them an opportunity to get your business.

http://www.jewelerstradeshop.com/

·
Registered
753 Posts
I plan to participate with my kayak, too. Looking forward to it!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts