Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I need help from the forum. I have come up with a new tournament for our area that I think (hope) will be successful for all involved. First and foremost, the event will not be profitable for me or any other individual involved.ALL proceeds WILL go to Covenant Hospice and the way I have it set up they are guaranteed to make at least a little money. Here's where I need your help at this point. I am meeting with a potential host site's management team on Friday and I would like to show them there is interest in the event. So here's what I have so far. The event would be held in the PERDIDO KEY AREA should it come to fruition.With a host site and a tremendous sponsorship turnoutand some volunteers to help outthis event will happen....

May 24, 2008

THE PERDIDO KEY MACK ATTACK

ALL PROCEEDS BENEFIT COVENANT HOSPICE!!!!

ONE DAY TOURNAMENT (SIGN OUT AT CAPTAIN'S MEETING)

SITE: @ Lost Key Marina and Yacht Club

ENTRY FEE: $300

SCALES: 3-7PM

PAYOUTS NOT GUARANTEED AT THIS POINT!!!! SPONSORSHIP NEEDED!!!!

KING MACKEREL OPEN DIVISION AMBERJACK DIVISION

1st- $5000 1st-$1000

2nd- $25002nd- $500

3rd- $2000 3rd- $300

4th- $1500

5th- $1000 COBIA DIVISION

6th- $800 1st- $1000

7th- $700 2nd- $500

8th- $600 3rd- $300

9th- $500

10th- $400 LARGEST BARRACUDA BONUS $500

LADY ANGLER BONUS $500 value

SMALL BOAT DIVISION (<23FT) JUNIOR ANGLER BONUS $500 value

1st- $1500

2nd- $1200SINGLE ENGINE BOAT BONUS (King only)

3rd- $1000 1st- $750

4th- $8002nd- $500

5th- $500 3rd- $250

TARGET WEIGHT BONUS CATEGORY ($50 ENTRY) WINNER GETS 50% HOSPICE GETS 50%

ALL TOURNAMENT SPECIES ELIGIBLE FOR TARGET WEIGHT

TWT- $300, $200, $100 with a 40/30/20 payout....10 to expenses/hospice

IF YOU WOULD PLEASE REPLY TO THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN THIS EVENT AND NOTE EITHER AS A POTENTIAL SPONSOR OR COMPETITOR. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS PLEASE PM ME ON THIS SITE. I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF THIS WILL BE A DEFINITE GO OR NO GO WELL IN ADVANCE OF MAY 2008. KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
can you start from another port and are there any boundries.......we would be coming out of D/island or Pascagoula!!!!

·
Super Moderator
12,824 Posts
add a pier division for 25 bucks a person, winner gets 1/2 of entry fee hospice gets the other 1/2

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NO BOUNDARIES......ANOTHER PORT??? AT THIS POINT I AM GOING TO SAY YES. THE REGISTERED CAPTAIN WILL BE REQUIRED TO ATTEND THE CAPTAINS MEETING TO PICK UP THE BOAT NUMBER/ID CARD WHICH WILL BE USED FOR WEIGH IN PURPOSES AND SIGN OUT AT THE END OF THE MEETING. MY DESIRE IS TO HAVE A SHORT AND SWEET MEETING TO DISCUSS ANY CONCERNS AND THEN BREAK OUT. NOTHING FANCY PLANNED THERE AS OF YET. THIS OF COURSE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.....

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
That's exactly what we need for our area:clap I'm sure there will be a bunch of replies for this to take place. Good luck and we'll keep those fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Brad,

You can count on Team Strictly Bizness to compete. I bet i can rally up a few more entries from my circle of friends. Also let me know if I can be of any help to you (maybe a pre tournament volunteer if needed). But my team will definitely enter. I wan't to see as many of these local tourneys as possible. Good Luck!!!!!

-Shane

·
Registered
684 Posts
I expect that Team Share-it would want a piece of that action. Hope the ideabears fruit. I work indirectly with the Hospice group and they do some fine work for those in need. Keep us informed of your progress and if there is some way we can get involved we will.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the interest shown so far being that it is only December and a lot of people aren't as active on the forum right now. Put the word out and let's get some more interest generated so we can make this happen. It's going to be hard for little ol' me to get this to happen on my own.

·
Banned
910 Posts
I would gladly volunteer my help if you need it. I don't have any experience in doing something like this but I is a perty lerned guy. Seriously though if you need volunteers shoot me a pm. I have fished in a king mack tourn many years ago and I enjoy just going to tournaments since I don't have the resources to fish one right now. I think it would be fun to be involved and I have lots of time on my hands.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I'll do what I can to help in any way I can Brad. Just let me know and as I said on KC.com, I'm sure I can scare a team together for a local tourney.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Brad, seriously let me know if I can help. Not sure if I will have a boat then but would love to fish the tournament. I am sure I can find someone to fish with. All I need is a ride to the saddle with one 3 lb hardtail, a tld20, and a 7/0 "J" hook on some #7 wire. On like a chicken bone!!!!

I am insterested in helping with a small sponshorship as well if thats appropriate.

PJ Mcleod

572 3724

standin by

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PJ and reelsmooth,

Thanks for the kind replies and offers to participate and contribute to the effort. I feel like the meeting went well on Friday and I remain optimistic that this event will take place. Everyone keep your fingers crossed and I will do all I can to tailor this event to the customers desires while keeping in mind a fair and level playing field for all participants. Besides what else is there to do on the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend around here?? I'll keep everyone posted on this thread and will make an announcement on a new thread when there are more official details. Thank you all foryour support. Remember this is not for me, it's for you and Covenant Hospice.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Brad,

Let me know when its time to start getting sponsors together. I have a few contacts that I could scare up and forward on to you. I think we could get a couple of them on board. Just give me a call.

-Shane 390-6223

1 - 20 of 40 Posts