Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so a couple buddies of mine have started a brand new clothing company called Bay N Bayou Outfitters. It is a company based right here in Mobile, AL. They have just opened up their website for orders on their first t-shirt! It is an awesome t-shirt and comes in longsleeves/shortsleeves as well as 5 or 6 different colors. They average about $20 which is very cheap for an outfitter's t-shirt. They will add a new shirt every couple of weeks so remember to check back! Here is a picture of the shirt. Be sure to check out all the colors on their website, as well as details on a brand new collegiate inshore championship for next year!

www.baynbayou.com

·
Topwater Addict
487 Posts
Cool start. Look forward to seeing what else they do. Are they going to be in any stores yet?

·
Topwater Addict
487 Posts
I like the local products like that. Guy Harvey and the like are overdone. Good luck to them and I'll certainly be supporting them and I'll pass it along to my fellow fisherman who aren't on here.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the local products like that. Guy Harvey and the like are overdone. Good luck to them and I'll certainly be supporting them and I'll pass it along to my fellow fisherman who aren't on here.
I refuse to wear Guy Harvey and Salt Life products. They are way overdone like you said and people that couldn't care less about fishing wear them. There is just something about a local shirt that means so much more! They will greatly appreciate your business.

·
Topwater Addict
487 Posts
Amen sir! Salt Life is the Affliction of fishing. Doucher written all over it.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Yeah it makes me mad when people wear it when they havent fished a day in their life. Once they get some more shirts ill lrobably order some. I will probably order some of the shirts fire228 has been showing.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I have to ask, are they quality shirts? It looks thin, you can see the tag through the shirt and for twenty bucks that is steep. Just because you can come up with a design and have one of the million cheap internet mail order t-shirt companies print it up, doesnt mean its an outfitter tee.

I hope they do well but twenty dollars can buy a nice quality shirt.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I have to ask, are they quality shirts? It looks thin, you can see the tag through the shirt and for twenty bucks that is steep. Just because you can come up with a design and have one of the million cheap internet mail order t-shirt companies print it up, doesnt mean its an outfitter tee.

I hope they do well but twenty dollars can buy a nice quality shirt.
I dont know where your shopping, but you want get anything quality for twenty bucks around this area. Heck all the shirts you see now are thin. A Underarmour shirt will run anywhere from 30 bucks up to 60 and it is thin as they get.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah not sure where you're getting quality logo tshirts for $20 haha. He said that they are nice tshirts, not pieces of crap. The thick ones are the crappy ones I find.

·
Your mom's a
6,788 Posts
Don't mean to be a dick but ....
Are they actually outfitters? Do they guide?
If not, it's not really an outfitters shirt and more like SL and the likes.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Don't mean to be a dick but ....
Are they actually outfitters? Do they guide?
If not, it's not really an outfitters shirt and more like SL and the likes.
You don't have to guide to be an outfitter.

Outfitter-: a business providing equipment, supplies, and often trained guides (as for hunting trips)

That was from merriam-webster. Cabela's is an ''outfitter'' and they don't guide.

·
Registered
453 Posts
You can get Calcutta tshirts at West Marine all day for $20. They are great quality and thick fabric that holds up a while. I like getting them and usually can keep them about a year before they fade out. This shirt design is pretty cool, a good representation of what a fisherman would see out here, but on $3 shirts. If its done on a better quality shirt I would love to buy some. Some folks might like the thinner material, just not for me!

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
just a helpful comment....if your gonna start a business and have a logo that nobody else has and is specific to your company...why not make your own and not use images straight off google?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts