Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doc says these gotta go and My old limpin’ butt agreed! 2020 gonna be a big year. January for the right and May for the left

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,578 Posts
Damn, that looks painful. I remember watching the tv once and it was zoomed in on something and I asked the ole lady what is that? about that time the camera zoomed out and showed a knee surgery, I almost barfed. I wish you the best Kevin I really do.

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn, that looks painful. I remember watching the tv once and it was zoomed in on something and I asked the ole lady what is that? about that time the camera zoomed out and showed a knee surgery, I almost barfed. I wish you the best Kevin I really do.

Seen it 5yrs ago and it backed me off. You gotta know it hurts to agree to go thru it. I ain’t watching it again!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I know a couple of people that's had it done and don't regret it. The biggest thing is finding the right surgeon.... And yeah, sealark is old lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
Get a couple of big bags of frozen peas for when you come home after surgery. Use them to ice it down. They'll be very effective at reducing the pain. My wife had both knees replaced at the same time. She has done very well with them for many years.

·
Super Moderator
28,380 Posts
When I had a new ACL put in, I told em my knees will need it and DR told me after an ACL replacement....Knees were nothing! Still will wait till I'm old like ya Kevin!!! hahaha When you are down, I'll come run your egg fer ya ifin ya need!!!!

Reactions: Try'n Hard

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why are they spacing them out like that? My dad had both done at once, do recovery and therapy one time and be done.

Doc says no but more importantly insurance co says no. They will do a double for older folks. I’m 55, still working and can’t be down for long

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Best of luck, Try'n. I've heard nothing but positive feedback from others with their knee replacements.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
No pain make sure you tell them you want, ON QUE. its a catheter that is put in after they knock you out. Then after the operation mine took 5 hours. You will be on pain meds for your stay. If you feel any pain you simpley push your On Que button and it injects something like novicane into the knee.
They gave me about 50 pain pills after the operation and I took about 5 just before going to rehab. Rehab was the most painful. When the OnQue is empty you remove a bandage and pull the catheter out and shit can it. I was up and walking, limping the second day.
I also passed out in hospital when they got me up to walk with walker the first day. I wondered why they had 2 big guys 2 feet behind me with a chair. Hey shit happens.
Make sure they give you OnQue. If you are 65 and on medicare they pay for it if retired military tricare for life pays it all.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Make sure you comply with the after care. Your gonna call the person some nasty names when they run you through the movements but it’s gotta be done! Good luck and will keep you in our prayers.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
since were showing knees here's the before and after x ray.both x rays were taken the day of operation.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
My wife had both done over a 6 mo timespan. Second op was on her right knee which was severely damaged in a car accident when she was a teen. The PT folks had her walking 3 hours after the op, and discharged the next day.

She's ultra-mobile now, and wish she'd had them both done years ago. Good luck!

·
Apex
1,365 Posts
Dr. Andrew Pepper is the new total knee, hip, shoulder surgeon for Andrews. When people ask who did it you can tell them Dr. Pepper :thumbsup:

Reactions: Yellow River Cat

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
De Campos did mine. The other name I have heard good reviews about is Dr. Smith. I was very pleased with De Campos. If you get to see the Dr for 10 minutes total from start to finish you are luckey. No need Andrews staff are excellent and very helpful.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts