Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I am brand new to fishing this area. My wifes family has a place in Perdido, so I finally broke down and bought a kayak to keep myself entertained when we vist. The condo is very close to Johnson Beach road and Big Lagoon. I was just curious as to the fishing in that area. I see there is a launch on Johnson Beach road, and from google earth it looks like some good grass on south and docks on the north. I dont get to come down a ton, but we are usually there at least one weekend a month or every other month depending on the time of year. Hoping to make a weekend in May with the kayak. Im not looking for anyone's honey holes or anything. Just looking for some general information about the area to maximize my time down there targeting mostly specks and reds. Or even if its just better to go to Pensacola and fish the sound. Any information would be greatly appreciated, and I'm always looking for someone to fish with.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
421 Posts
There is good fishing all around you. I am located to the east so dont know that area very well, but people catch plenty of fish all around there.

·
Registered
421 Posts
the local tackle shops can give you all the advice you may need. Getting a guide for the first day can get you up the learning curve real quick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts