Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the new hobie off of destin beach for a test drive. It handels way better than my old paddle yak. And fishes very well. Cant wait till the next

trip :takephoto

·
Registered
174 Posts
LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE A NEW PASSION... KAYAKING IS ONE THING ...ON A HOBIE IT'S A SOMEWHAT DIFFERENT GAME..
I USED TO HAVE TO CONSIDER WIND, TIDE, AND WHAT I COULD CARRY BEFORE I TOOK OFF. WITH MY OUTBACK I GO WHEN I WANT AND CARRY ANYTHING I WANT AS FAR AS I WANT...AT LEAST TILL I TORE MY ACHILLES TENDON THREE WEEKS AGO.
AT THIS POINT MY NEXT YAKING WILL BE AT SEBASTION INLET IN LATE JUNE,, I HOPE,,,

MY BEST ADD ON HAS BEEN AN ANCHOR TROLLY AND AN 8# DOWNRIGGER BALL FOR AN ANCHOR.

BEST WISHES TO ALL: CHRIS

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice quote from one of my favorite songs. I am gathering information for a trip in June. When you are trolling for those spanish do you do it with one pole out or two. I have never tried trolling with my yak and am figuring out how many rod holders that I need to buy. Thanks.....................

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Very nice and thanks for sharing.....that will be what I will be getting when I make that move....it just looks way better then paddling

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<span lang=EN>thanks for the complements. I fished with one that trip but you can easily do two. just make sure you put them out at different distance or use a light weight and sink one line. I was with a guy on a native that trip. I like the bicycle drive with the reveres function. I caught some hard tail off the jetties this morning. Going to take the out Friday and see if I can get a nice smoker.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Which of the 2 is the fastest? Have you tried a tug o' war yet?

Too bad the only have a 12.5 footer for fishing though...
Brent

·
Registered
753 Posts
Congrats on your success! I tried out my new Hobie on wrecks for the 1st time last week myself and caught a 22-inch snapper. Hands-free with no anchors is a definite advantage with the Hobies. I LOVE my Hobie much more that my paddle kayak. I can go twice as far with the same amount of effort, but still feel like I am not missing out on excercise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts