Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!*Just joined the forum and am loving all of the tips and hints I've found so far looking over all the threads.*
I'll be heading down to Pensacola to visit my sister and new brother-in-law,*a marine going through flight school,*next weekend (April 22-24th) and planned on taking my boat down there and get him out on the water since he hasn't had much down time since moving down there last August.* My boat is a 16ft Bass Tracker with a 25hp Mercury on the back and a bow mount trolling motor.* My dad and I have used this same boat fishing the flats in West Bay about 8 or 9 years ago and had great success on specks fishing a grub or cacahoe minnow*on a lead-head jig under a popping cork.* We occasionaly would hook a nice red every once in a while but never really tore into them.* I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some good places to try out around the Escambia Bay, Blackwater Bay areas.* Their house is almost right on the water on the West bank of the Escambia Bay near I-10 and I assumed we would put in somewhere around there unless anyone has a better location that we should use.* I've picked up on a few baits I've seen several people suggest like the DOA's, Mirrolures, gold weedless spoons for reds, etc... and plan on giving some of them a try.* Am I correct to assume the DOA's would be fished the same as I'm used to rigging under a popping cork?**I've never fished*mirrolure or a spoon so any suggestions on rigging and how to fish them would be greatly appreciated.*
Also, we were thinking of*trying to catch*some blue crabs, and I know it's not the best time to catch them, but I'de like to know if anyone has any places to suggest.* I've always done it by hand*(nylon string tied to a chicken neck and a dip net) growing up in Louisiana.*
I apologize for asking so many questions.* It is only because I have NO IDEA where anything is down there but I hope to get a good grasp on it while I'm down there.* I've got a good topo map of the areas I plan to fish so I know that will help a lot but any suggestions anyone has to offer, I am willing to try.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts