Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I'm relatively new to this site but find that it provides great information and entertainment. My question, I was thinking of having a replica mount made of a sailfish I caught a couple of years ago in Costa Rica. It was my first billfish. Anyway, can anyone recommend a good company. I have done a little research but it seems the prices vary a great deal. I have heard a lot about King Sailfish Mounts but they seem to be pretty expensive. I saw Mount This on the internet and their prices seemed much, much lower. Of course I would rather save the money, but I don't want to spend money on something that does not look good.

Who has had replica mounts made and what company did you use. How was their price and are you satisfied with the quality of the work.

I appreciate your responses.

·
Registered
782 Posts
i know ron vanderpol in molino can do whatever replica you need. i know replica's are alot more than skin mounts. i know there is about 200. difference in a speck trout replica and skin mount. that will probably translate to 1000. or so differance for a sail fish.

i am not condoning skin mounting a sailfish, before i get hammered.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
I cant offer a mount company but I can say.... Welcome to the forum,,,:usaflag

·
Praedator
10,021 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Plenty of information and good times to be had from the great people we have here on the forum. Come out and meet some folks at some of the get togethers if you get the chance. Sorry, I can't help you with the mount. I am sure someone can help out though.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Welcome....

I have never had a replica mount done, but we did fish against a team one time sponsored by Global Fish Mounts. Give them a look.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I would like to say that is a good question and I would think there is someone on this forum that can answer your question. And welcome to the forum

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for everyone's suggestions so far. After looking at some of the websites a little closer last night the prices are a little bit more in line with each other than I originally thought. Would still like to hear from anybody who has a replica mount from a specific company and if you like what you got. Thanks.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. The last time we got a mount was of a White and it was in '95. I have been pleased with their work and pricing, but 12 years is a long time. One way Isaved money was through a Capt who got a discount, plus we used molds thatwere close, not exact. George's Taxidermist Okeechobee, FL Phone 863-763-7277

1 - 13 of 13 Posts