Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased all new electronics (gps, fishfinder, vhf, and stereo) for my CC and was curious who's the best in town as far as installation goes w/ reasonable rates. I'll need the transom mount transducer installed, two shakespere antennas mounted on t-top, and all wires run. Attached is a current pic of the console (preinstallation). I plan to install the new stereo in the slot that the old occupied on the left and want the right comparment to look identical to the left but will house the gps/fishfinder & vhf instead, both flush mounted. I originally wanted to remove those compartments and have the square holes fiberglassed in and flush mount everything but was told that this would be extremely expensive to do. This boat is stored in a warehouseand all electronics are water/splash-proof.

Any ideas....suggestions??

·
Your mom's a
6,788 Posts
In no particular order: George's Marine Electronics (850-456-4553) or Capt. Tony Blanton at Edgewater Marine (PM Voodoo Lounge on the forum).

Both very well-known and very good at what they do.

·
Registered
852 Posts
JoeZ (3/10/2010)In no particular order: George's Marine Electronics (850-456-4553) or Capt. Tony Blanton at Edgewater Marine (PM Voodoo Lounge on the forum).

Both very well-known and very good at what they do.

x2

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
What did you buy?

Why 2 "Shakespears" antenna's?

1 - 529VW or 529VB Digital brand would have been better.

Why are you wanting a transom mount? The Airmar B-60 or B164 has been leading the pack for some time now.

Do you have a E-box? That is where the VHF and AM/FM radio belong.

Yes I do a fair amount of installs also.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ipicked upthe A70D and Ray45 by RayMarine and a Rockford Fosgate RFX9500 head unit for the stereo. I wanted to go w/ the widescreens but the smallest one was a little over 12in wide and those compartments are about 11in wide. No, I haven't looked into an e-box because I figured that I could fit everything comfortably on the console. Also, no particular reason for shakespeare, don't really know much about the market to be honest...I've been around boats my whole life but recently purchased my first boat.

Thanks for the suggestions!!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
We do installs as well, take a look at our web site, or stop by the shoppe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts